Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical New 'OLD SCHOOL'cast iron english wheeling machines have been made available to public

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RockHillWill, Mar 18, 2016.

1. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

It has been awhile since I posted here, but a bit of good news has come my way and thought that I might share with some guys that are bright enough to use it. It's a long story, but a world famous metal shaper (Peter Tommasini from Australia) was asked by a group of metal shaper to re-cast some of his original cast iron wheeling machines and make a group buy possible for some seriously interested metal shapers. He did so, and the first shipment of 6 is being picked as we speak by the prospective buyers. I do not to be a salesman, but I just want to help Peter meet some of the demands on him as he is in Australia. The following is a follow up post that have made on several other metal shaping interested sites.

Peter has informed me that due to the overwhelming response to the first offering of his cast iron wheeling machines, that I could announce the fact that he is preparing another order of these wheeling machines for delivery to the US. Jimmy Matthews has agreed to store them in his warehouse here in Rock Hill, S.C., and I have offered to coordinate the sales and delivery of these wheeling machines. It will take about three weeks to prepare and crate the shipment and this last shipment took almost 7-weeks to arrive.

At this time the first of the six wheeling machines on that order has been spoken for, and if there is anyone with an interest in acquiring one of these imported cast iron wheeling machines, they can contact me at: [email protected] or Peter at: [email protected]

The cost per wheeling machine on this order is $3200 delivered to Rock Hill, S.C., as part of a six machine shipment. A $1600 deposit is required, and PayPal has been the preference for both Peter and myself. This price does not include the upper wheel, the lower anvils or stand. Peter has made arrangements for a specific set of (4) lower anvils and an 8" x 3" upper wheel to be made for this wheeling machine with Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profile for a price of $750 including shipping here in the US. This upper wheel design is for using the much larger bearing that is used for the cantilevered upper wheel. Joe can be reached at 260-301-9034 or [email protected]

I am currently putting two of the wheeling machines on pallets for shipment to locations here in the US, and will have a specific cost for that soon. (expected to be about $80-$100). I have earlier received an estimated shipping costs thru Fastenal for shipping costs between $150 - $300 for inside the US shipping. When this round of boxing and shipping is completed, I will have more specific cost information. I am offering to deliver the box to the local Fastenal store here in Rock Hill, S.C, at no charge.

Each of the first three buyers that have picked up their machines from this first order has offered to give prospective customers an opportunity to test the cast iron machines at their own shops.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

3. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

Hey Seb, I appreciate your response, it makes me miss my old school teacher.

I did notice that, but I was unable to figure out how to edit the title

I was in stock car racing for a long time and been hurt often on pit road. I have some scars that look like tattoos.

4. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

Jimmy Matthews and I worked on building the shipping 'boxes' for the wheeling machines that are going to Denver and L.A. Mark Seybold form Tennessee arrived mid day and loaded up his. We got Jimmy's wheel together and tried it out and it looks great to me. I measured a few dimensions and determined that this wheeling machine has a 27-1/2" throat, and the height from the mounting surface to the wheel convergent point is about 15-1/2". The stand that I made is 34" tall making the operating height on this machine to be about 49-1/2". Note in the next to the last picture that there are long adjusting screws beneath the cradle 'legs'. I looked more closely and there are pins that run up thru the cradle legs and are able to raise either side in a manner than will 'rotate' the lower anvil relative to the upper wheel. Perhaps Peter can jump in here and explain more about how to use this feature. The cradle width is a little wider than the anvil to make room for this angular movement.

Attached Files:

biggeorge, kidcampbell71 and j hansen like this.

5. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

The second of the six available has been sold. If anyone needs additional info on the machine itself or ordering info, you can contact: [email protected]

6. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

Two more have been ordered, leaving only two more available. These are VERY good tools for making replacement panels on any car!

7. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

Again, I apologize for not visiting more often regarding either the Model A speedster project or the Tommasini wheeling machine availability. I have been DEEPLY immersed in the SolidWorks drawings for the '35 Bugatti Stelvio aluminum body build.

This post is done for the purpose of letting those of who are or intend to be, serious metal shapers. The third and last (for awhile, anyway) shipment of the Peter Tommasini designed English wheels has become available. Peter advised me on Monday, that the last of the order for 40 castings is being prepared for importing to the US. Up to this point he has sold 14 here in the US, 6 in Europe and 10 in Australia. Of the 10 that are left, only 6 are being made available for this shipment to the US. These are the first cast iron English wheels to be imported into the US in over 42 years, and are of the FINEST quality and design. I already have orders for two of these machines.

These wheeling machines in this last shipment are available for $3300 less upper wheel and lower anvils. This lowers the shipping costs substantially. To acquire one, a deposit of $1700 is required to get on the shipping list. The balance of $1600 is due upon their arrival here in the US. The finest US made upper wheels and lower anvils are made by Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profiles. The specially designed upper wheel and lower anvils are available for $780. The fact that payment can be made in three segments has been a major selling point for these wheeling machines. I am NOT in the metal shaping machine selling business. A conversation between Peter and a friend of mine (Jimmy Matthews) that bought one, ended up with both of us volunteering to assist in the disbursement of the machines that arrive here in the US for those that also acquired one of these wheeling machines. They are shipped by ocean container to the US, shipped by train to North Carolina, and delivered by truck to here in Rock Hill, SC. where we disassemble the shipping container and make the individual wheeling machines available to those that purchased one.

If the buyer is not close enough to Rock Hill, SC to come pick it up, I will contact Fastenal, get the shipping quote, put it on a pallet in a box and deliver it to the nearest Fastenal store for delivery for $120. I have had very good luck with the Fastenal. We have shipped wheeling machines from here in South Carolina to as far away as California and Oregon for under $240 including insurance.

I can be reached at: [email protected]

Here is a link to Peter's website: http://www.handbuilt.net.au/index.html

Here is a link to Hoosier Profiles: http://www.hoosierprofiles.com/home.html
    ewheelday2 008.jpg TomWheel02 017.jpg
    I can be reached at: [email protected]

Here is a link to Peter's website: http://www.handbuilt.net.au/index.html

Here is a link to Hoosier Profiles: http://www.hoosierprofiles.com/home.html

I have included a picture of my personal wheeling machine that I just mounted to the pedestal. It has a 29" throat depth, allowing work to be done on a panel almost 5ft wide. The cantilevered designed upper wheel axle allows for detail and lip creasing right at the very edge of a panel. The lower anvil cradle is 1/8" wider than the anvils so that the lower anvil can be adjusted and used at an angle to the upper wheel.

kidcampbell71, wwilliammc and Hnstray like this.
  8. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

9. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

I have just recently been in touch with the US shipping agent, and it was his opinion that this current shipment will be in Atlanta, Georgia on or about March 1st, and we should see them here in Rock Hill about 3-4 days later.

If you are going to need shipping accommodations from here to your location, contact me as soon as possible so that I can arrange to acquire the pallets and making the shipping 'boxes'.

Peter is now taking orders for his fourth shipment, what he feels will be the last shipment in the near future, of the last (8) wheeling machines to be headed to the US. Three of them have already been spoken for. You can contact me as well regarding an order for this fourth/last shipment.

If you have an interest in ordering one of these Cast wheeling machines, contact me at email: [email protected] and you can contact Peter in the same manner. These cast iron wheeling machine have been VERY well received, and as long as the monetary exchange rate is favorable to Peter, the very low, competitive price will remain in effect. Search and compare and you will be pleasantly surprised. The payment arrangements are a deposit by PayPal for the sum of $1700. Upon arrival the balance of $1600 id due

The upper wheels and anvils are made to fit Peter's wheeling machines by Joe Andrews, here in the US, at Hoosier Profiles for $780. They are highly thought of, and are, of the finest quality, both in operation and appearance.

10. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

I have received a fourth order on this forth shipment. That leaves (four).

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, not many folks from Rock Hill on here, I used to live right off Heckle and Hollis Lakes.

12. Got to the top of the first page of your thread. On the right side of the page just above the first post, click on "Thread Tools" and then click on "Edit Title". Edit as required. Lather, rinse, repeat. ;)

13. RockHillWill

RockHillWill

The fourth order of these new Tommasini wheeling machines has been shipped from Australia, and due in the US at any day now.

Peter has advised me that he is having ten more wheeling machines cast in Melbourne and is making six of them available for this fifth order.

Here is a link to more information: http://www.mantiquesresto.com/RestoredItems/Tommasini/TommasiniWheel.html