Register now to get rid of these ads!

New old guy say's hi

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Jan 31, 2011.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

HI, Not sure where to start? My name is Larry. I am a 55 year old gear head that has been at this car and motorcycle thing since I was 14! I am a custom car nut and have been since I saw my first choed 49 merc when I was 7. It belonged to the son of a neighbor of my Grandparents in Milwaukee Wi. It was just so kool! At the time I didn't know what it was but as I got older and was aloud to hang out with my older cousin's and thier car buddies and was buiing Hot Rod and Rod and Custom I learned quick. I painted my first car when I was 14 with my Dad's craftsman air compressor and a $10.00 spraygun! I eventualy became a very good paint and body guy.
    In 1990 I started building and painting my own and other guy's stuff in a shop I built behind my rural Wi. home, in 2001 I built a new shop in town. hire some help and continued building car's as L&L custom Performance. But by then all anybody wanted was show perfect trailer queen.s!
    By 2007 I was burnt out and the high cost of doing buisness was sending my buisness to hell. So I closed up shop and called it quit's, and went to work at the local Napa store. after a few year's off and undergoing some stress related health issue's, I have returned to my root's in my old shop behind the house building a collection of personel project's that range from my beloved 51 merc to several custom 50 and 52 chevy's as well as my and my wife's collectionof early mustang's. I will also do other's , but they have to be built to be driven { hopefully very fast and very hard!!!!} oh yeah I am also and old drag racer, haveing grown up 15 mile's from Union Grove Dragway in the late 60's and 70's. So all my car's are customized on the outside and hot rodded underneath.
    So there you have it , my life story! Hope it wasn't to boreing!! If any of you have question's about chassis problems or construction , metal finishing body work, chopping top's, or paint prep or finishing , keep me in mind . I may have some info for ya. I love all type's of hot rod's and custom's and suede is cool but personely mind have to end up shiney!!! { of course it help's when you have a spray booth in your back yard} later Larry :cool:

2. Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa!! Very nice intro also!!!

3. oldman2

oldman2

Hi Larry, nice intro, glad to have you on the site, enjoy.

4. Welcome from Connecticut......Yes that was a nice intro!

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from M.D. Larry!

6. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Welcome o the HAMB from Erie, PA! Enjoy! Nice intro...

7. big bad john

big bad john

.......Larry......welcome fellow cheesehead......Think I met you.....I'm south of Madison......Big Bad John

8. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Thanks for the nice welcome! Larry

10. Welcome from southwestern Wisconsin.

11. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

12. Welcome, enjoy the board.

13. sololobo

sololobo

Welcome from one Larry to another, very nice intro. Sounds great to be back at the home shop. Enjoy the H.A.M.B. and looking forward to seeing more of and about the Merc. ~sololobo~

14. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee, and welcome

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard from a fellow Merc brother...

16. Cochise Chops

Cochise Chops

17. Welcome from CT.