Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Official member 1951 Shoebox ford

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Damien51, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Damien51

Damien51
    from Austin, Tx

I recently just bought a 1951 shoebox ford. The car is amazing. Its in great shape; freshly painted, rebuilt engine, rebuilt transi, new radiator, brand new exhaust, converted to 12 volt already, all new hoses, I couldnt have asked for anything better. It has been garaged its entire life so the body is just mind blowing. There are a few things though that I need to work on. Mostly Interior stuff. I need to replace the passenger side window, and the inside doorhandles and window handles. If anyone has advice on this, Id appreciate any advice you have. I need to adjust the striker on both doors as well so it will fit flush with the car. I know where to get the parts but any advice on where to start with the labor on this would be seriously appreciated. Im doing it all myself so let me know what you think.
    Thanks, Mike

2. Welcome from central Illinois!

3. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

4. Bryan & Sarah

Bryan & Sarah

Welcome from Western Illinois!! Sounds like you got a pretty good car,there. Do a thread search on the main board and I'm sure you'll find plenty of information and advice. Happy searchin'!!!Bryan

5. rockguy92

rockguy92

You should join me and others in the shoeox social group. I have received very good help from there. Don't forget to use the search option; almost everything I have had questions about has been answered somewhere at sometime in the past. You have a very good start on a very cool car. Keep all of us who are interested supplied with pictures.
    Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock

6. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Cool! Hope to see you and your ride at LSR.

7. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

8. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

welcome from sweden.

9. mauler rich

mauler rich

welcome Mike love the 51 good luck with it you'll find all you need on the H.A.M.B. so have fun with the new ride.

10. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!