Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I have just begun restoration of a 1964 Ford Galaxie Country Sedan. The wagon needs plenty of work, but I like it! It has the original 289 and aout transmission and is a factory air car. It is still original except wheels and tires (aftermarket when I bought it). The interior needs total restoration and it has a few damaged or missing exterior trim components and of course needs body work and paint. I am or have been getting it roadworthy, water pump, engine mounts, transmission seal, turn signals, alignment... I have also began dissassembly of the interior starting at the rear, so that I do not, yet, have to sit on a milk crate for my weekly cruises. It is a blast to drive.

I look forward to the help of the experience of this board and hopefully someone knows where the (holy grail) tail light corner trim piece is for my car.

Thanks
    Rodney

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

May not be the smartest thing posting your vin on the net.....welcome to the HAMB!

3. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Welcome to the HAMB

4. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

Welcome From Central Indiana...

5. Cool looking ride.
    Welcome from Michigan.

6. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

Cool. another 60's Ford wagon. I almost finished up with an interior restoration myself, waiting for a template on one more panel that goes behind the rear wheel well. The wagons are hard to find parts for, at least 62s. Good luck look forward to seeing your progress

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

8. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Nailz,
    I am learning quickly the difficulty of locating parts. Luckily, I believe I can find most from a Galaxie but there are going to be several that are 1964 wagon specific.

Thanks
    Rodney

9. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Welcome, Nice to see another 64 Gal