Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Kevin Lenz

Kevin Lenz

Good evening, this is the first site I have ever signed up for on the internet. I am rebuilding a 1958 F100 panel truck and need all the help I can get. It has the inline 6 with the 3 speed man. on the column. I am currently swapping a crown vic front suspension into the truck in the next few weeks. I am thinking of purchasing a 1989 f150 5.8L motor and 5 speed trans to go into the truck. I need to know if this is the way to go on a budget and what problems may arise. I have a explorer 8.8 rear lined up to be swapped in also. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. 63unibodyfan

63unibodyfan

I'm building a 63 f100 . Swapped in crown front suspension with explorer8.8 rear axle , 390 with c6

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Just a thought but that 1989 engine you are thinking of purchasing is now 28 years old. Unless you personally know all of the history on that engine & tranny plan on a rebuild.
    If your inline 6 is in good condition look here for some great hop up parts for it.
    http://www.cliffordperformance.net/
    The intake, carbs & headers shown in my avatar came from Clifford on my 235 inline Chevy.
    What part of the country are you located as likely some of us are nearby.
    Jimmie