Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member with 51' chevrolet 3100 project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lilzilla08, Jul 2, 2013.

1. lilzilla08

lilzilla08
    from louisiana

Hey guys and gals, name is Cody and am proud to be a member of such a good site that has helped me already so far. I have a 51' chevrolet 3100 3 window that I got from a guy I know for $150! It's in fair shape but it does need work, cab corners, floor pans, patches etc. I've seen a lot of others in worse shape than mine come out beautiful so I'm hoping that mine will be the same. Plans are putting it on a late model s10 frame if I can find the right donor truck, the original frame is still in great shape so may new reuse it. Just wanted to give a shutout and an advance apology for any stupid questions I may ask! I'm completely new to these trucks and to major body repairs but it's a true learning experience!

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good, but it's proper to do an introduction. It's a rule too. Well, kinda.

3. jhaas63

jhaas63

Didnt he just do that? Welcome Cody!

4. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

These trucks are great and very desirable. You should check out the AD group we would welcome you for sure. I for one cringe when I think of one of these trucks on an s-10 frame but its yours do what makes you happy. There is a great aftermarket for these trucks and also a lot of original stuff around. Good luck with it. Now post some pictures.

5. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

6. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Sweet! I have a 51 wrecker I'm rebuilding! Good luck and can we see some pictures?

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Those are cool, this is my father in laws I worked on last winter.

Attached Files:

8. lilzilla08

lilzilla08
    from louisiana

I think that's what I just did?

Anyways thanks for the warm welcome and info! Ill get pics up ASAP, actually forgot I had this site on my phone

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!