Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member in Dallas area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DrDoug, Jun 3, 2017.

1. DrDoug

DrDoug

0310171607R.JPG 0310171608R2.jpg 0310171609R.JPG 0310171610cR.JPG 0310171830R.JPG Hello! I'm a new member, with a fairly new-to-me 1953 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe. Also fairly new to the Dallas area. Moved here 6 years ago for a job relocation. Originally from the northeast, upstate NY.

Retired at the beginning of last year, so have some time to get back to some of my long-ago hobbies (having a lot to do with growing up near a Speedway with both a drag strip and high-banked clay oval), including tinkering with my '53 Chevy.

The Chevy is a very nice "20 footer," showing 67,000 on the odometer, which I believe is probably correct. Engine is a '54 235, so was replaced sometime way back - it sports an old-school split exhaust using a home-grafted second outlet on a stock exhaust manifold. Although it runs fairly well (needs some TLC, such as linkage work that will allow full throttle and some renewed items like the vacuum advance), I also have a mildly modified 261 in the works.

The car is scheduled at a good restoration shop for refinishing, starting about next week. Sometime way back it was repainted (looks to be lacquer, based on the appearance and some typical cracking), and whoever painted it did a nice job matching the original Campus Cream over Woodland Green. But, it's time for a refresh - with the same factory colors.

I've already used the HAMB for some good advice. Look forward to hearing more, and perhaps even contributing!

Cheers!

Attached Files: