Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DesertRat#1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

I have been lurking a little here. I just collected my 1940 Ford pickup project and I think this site will be the place to get much needed information and advice. I have just completed a 1967 Barracuda Coupe so I have been a member of FABO since 2005. I hope it doesn't take that long to put this pickup together. I have a 1964 292 Y-Block planned for this build and I will need a lot of help. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

That_53_Guy and Jake.forbis like this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Looks like a solid truck but hard to tell from the dust on it. Start a build thread on the HAMB & keep it updated with photo's as work progresses. these trucks are really nice when done.
    What part of the country are you located as some of us may be nearby for assistance.
    Good luck on it. Jimmie

3. Welcome can see that ain't a local truck due to the dust(haha)

4. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

Hey thanks for the welcome! I'm in the Pacific Northwest but have gotten help and parts (bought and sold) from all over the country. I was advised by my friends on FABO that this was the place to be a member if one wanted to build a 40 ford pickup project. The truck is solid with all original metal, some needing a little body work. I have posted build threads on the relevant sites for my two last builds and when I learn to navigate this site, I will start a build thread here as well.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

5. welcome to the forum .....

6. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Welcome to the Forum! Looks like a fun project. What's the story on your Barracuda?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

Thanks for the welcome. I have had a project of some sort under construction for the last 20 years. The latest is my Barracuda, 70K one owner car bone stock no rust. Never having done a Mopar before my learning curve was particularly steep. The cliff notes are that I do all my own body work and painting, all my own engine assembly and tuning and my own wiring and assembly. I kept the born with 273 and built it up a little past Commando specs. (235 HP solid lifter 4V). I added GV overdrive and Innovate wide band for tuning. I have had my current project purchased for some time. Earlier this month I put the Barracuda into winter storage and brought the 40 Ford pickup home in pieces to sort, bag and tag and decide on the build. My build before the Barracuda was a 65 Comet one owner 70K mile car that I finished one day and started the Barracuda build the next day.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    classiccarjack likes this.
  8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Both cars look amazing. I have more pre 1965 cars/trucks than I do later. But... I own a 1968 Formula S 383 4 Speed, and a 1969 Valiant 100 with a slant six that I ported the head and four barrelled, then added a A833 OD four speed to.

I like Comets, they are sharp looking cars.

DesertRat#1 likes this.
  9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Do not take this wrong BUT this site is dedicated to only PRE 1966 model year vehicles. Not saying it will happen but any more than just a mention of newer model years can get posts removed.
    To hopefully keep the thread going les keep it within the agreed years. Jimmie

10. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

Ok no worries. I know about the pre 65 rule, just trying to share a bit. I will remove the photos.

11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Perhaps we should have PM'd... But we both have Pre-65 cars. I have 9 of them actually... But I have only 2 post 65's. Nothing past 1970 except work vehicles. I didn't think it would be a issue being that he is focused on building the truck. Sorry if it caused any riffs...