Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member from Oklahoma starting Sprint Car restoration project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by thirstyb37, Nov 10, 2013.

1. thirstyb37

thirstyb37
    from El Reno OK

Recently acquired a vintage late 1960's sprint Car that was built by Chuck Bills from Amarillo Texas, who was my Dad's partner and both race at Amarillo Speedbowl for many years, as i also did. I remembered sitting in the car when I was about 10-11 yrs old driving it like I stole it and won many races too! Of course there was no motor in it and may not of even had any tires on it, but it didn't matter then.
    Feel very fortunate to track it down and now starting the restoration process and looking for any parts and information that I can find. From what I have located so far this was built from plans from a CAE505 Sprint Car with removeable roll cage.
    I am a member of many forums related to racing, ATV and SXS / offroading and there is not a better group of folks that are willing to give their time and information they may have to help someone.

Very glad to be a part of this forum as well!

2. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Welcome from West Tulsa!
    Love the vintage dirt trackers.

3. rob bob

rob bob
    from Canyon TX

I too love playing hot rod in project with no motor or wheels . Welcome from Amarillo!

4. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Welcome from Tulsa, Gasserman

5. wicarnut

wicarnut

Welcome! from Wi. John

6. welcome to the board ...

7. Edmond here, welcome

8. bart smith

bart smith

Welcome ,
    New to this program myself , I have been involved in racing for my whole life.
    Always been racing up to date cars ....late models ...mods....sprints etc
    I have just purchased a couple of sprinters to restore .
    One being a early 70's dirt sprinter and the other being a Never used 1962 CAE
    sprinter . I have all the plans and handbooks for this car,also have contacts for extra
    parts . This is a very interesting project and have met some pretty amazing racers in
    the very little time I have owned this cars . I have just got started collecting pieces
    and trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together...lol
    Hope you are enjoying the experience like I have been...great people with great stories.

bart smith
    [email protected]

9. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

ALL the projects mentioned above sound great! Good luck guys.

J Shaw

10. k9racer

k9racer

You came to the right place.. The HAMB has many sprint car folks and some that have particpated in the indy 500.. after that we also have a lot of super modified and vintage racers around here. Start a thread on the main board you will be surprised at the replys you will get.. Oh yes WELCOME from North Alabama.... Bobby...

11. We have a page on facebook called vintagesupermodified.

12. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall