Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member from Indiana

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 2ndtime50guy, May 25, 2012.

1. 2ndtime50guy

2ndtime50guy
    from Indiana

Hello! I'm honored to be a noob here. I'm working on a 1950 Chevy 4 Door Styleline Deluxe and I look forward to learning from you guys!

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

3. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

4. silent rick

silent rick

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

6. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcom from Kentucky. Enjoy the H.A.M.B. I'm a relative newbie and have really gotten into soaking up the knowledge and humor found here...

7. Hello from Oregon.

8. 2ndtime50guy

2ndtime50guy
    from Indiana

Thanks for the welcome guys! I've belonged to other forums for other hobbies and no one has said even a "hi". Here's a pic of my car. It's kinda rough; lots of rust. "One day at a time" as they say! Today i degreased the motor and painted it. Each weekend is a new learning experience. In high school, I was the "odd ball with the old car", but never worked on it. Now, I'm the "oddball with the another old car" who wishes he could retire and work on it every day! :)

Pic:

[​IMG]
    By secondtime50guy at 2012-04-28

9. Stick around here for a while and you will learn some tricks to getting that car looking sharp as.
    Down under here in NZ we were raised on 4 door cars as coupes were very rare so I can appreciate a bit more of what you have.
    Cheers.

10. KomoG2

KomoG2
    from Utah

Moor DoorS Rule! Welcome buddy

11. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

12. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Welcome from NW Indiana!!!:cool:

13. welcome from far away! nice car, what are your plans with it? i love these chevies.. ;)

Carsten

14. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New york.

15. 2ndtime50guy

2ndtime50guy
    from Indiana

Thanks Guys! I like the 4 doors too. I had no idea when I bought it that they aren't considered cool by many. I found out that real fast! I had a two door in high school and even had the chance to buy it back after 16 years away from me, but the guy I sold it to wanted the SAME price I sold it to him for after he preceded to leave it out in a pasture and turned it into a rusty mess. In answer to 40two, I hope to do it ALL someday--bigger engine, chopped, bagged, rat rod interior. For the short term, I just want to get it running. Right now it's gutted and going through rust abatement. Most of the car is pretty solid, but there are 2-3 bad spots. I'm gonna try to rewire the car myself this summer from 6 to 12 volt and the school I teach at has a great auto program that will do my mechanical work for free...so yeah, now you know...I know nothing about cars but I'm learning every day. I'm ok with a wire wheel and some POR 15 though, so that's my contribution right now. Hey Hotrodpodo, I used to live in NW Indiana; Crown Point and Merrillville! Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

16. killbilly

killbilly

Welcome from just up the road a little ways..

17. forty7ford

forty7ford
    from Iowa

Welcome from Iowa

18. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Welcome from Northern Indiana.

19. Shit mate... Don't tell anyone that, on this site, you'll get cremated .. :(

20. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome from an ex-Illinois reject. Looks like a straight car with decent glass and trim. Go for it!
    I don't know if we can give brand names cause I'm still learnin here. But EZWire out of Florida is a reasonable wiring kit with a decent price. Look in most car magazines for add.
    We've used a dozen of them. My kid was installing them in a weekend from the time he was nine-or ten. That includes ripping out the old stuff. So you and the kids at school can do it.

Throw a Mexican blanket over the seats ---But don't say----Originally Posted by 2ndtime50guy
    rat rod interior.