Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member from down under

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Silver59, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Silver59

Silver59

Hi all, new member........ just got my 48 Super Deluxe sedan all stock....... love it
    Problem is had a slight leak from fitting on oil filter housing so sorted that problem.
    Thought I would do oil and filter, took plenty of stuffing around to get the seal on the lid to do it's job, seemed to blow the seal when you turn the engine off, but being a mechanic for ever I persisted and had a win, so I thought.
    So today took it for a drive into town (15 kms round trip) even stopped and got fuel.
    Got home and drove into the shed happy. Came out to the shed an hour later started it and drove it forward to the hoist shut it off got out to find an oil puddle and heaps along the floor to the puddle now under the hoist.
    To me it seems to over pressure on shut off and blow the seal.
    Can anyone help, it's doing my head in....... thinking about getting rid off the filter.

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois, USA.

We need some help to see if that is the proper filter for this application.

You might post in the traditional rods forum with a headline like:
    Flathead oil filter, help needed.

Good luck, I'll be watching.