Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member from Ct. help with a 37 chevy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jacker, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jacker

Jacker
    from Ct

Hi guys,
    I've been reading the forums here for a while and seeing a lot of knowledge on the board I finally decided to get in. I have started working on a family project. My Dad had a 37 chevy rumbleseat coupe that he purchased in 64. It wasn't cherry but it was clean and fun on summer days. He started to restore it in 74. Had the body stripped fixed and painted, we restored the original drivetrain and gutted the interior. "All" it needed was glass, upholstery, wiring etc. and it would have been done. The car went into the garage in 75 and stayed there until I bought it from my dad 3 years ago. I started rebuilding everything that had gone bad in 40 years and am back to the same state as it was in 75. Unfortunatly parts have "gone missing" over 40 years and it's a pretty rare car. My first request of you all is, does anyone have a pair of rumbleseat hinges for a 37 chevy coupe?
    Thanks.

2. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

I do not have any parts, but here is one I saw last year at a couple of shows. It's a very nice example of the rare rumble seat 1937 coupe. All stock body car in excellent condition and he drives it everywhere. I can't remember where he was from but he had quite a drive to the goodguys show in Ohio.

Attached Files:

3. Jacker

Jacker
    from Ct

Thanks for the photo. Mine is original, black.