Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Massachusetts law!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghost of ElMirage, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Huh?

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

It didnt...it takes affect this year...

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a link to a MA user group where we can talk about this stuff away from the main board where politically charged threads are frowned upon. Bill's done a ton of work to make all the laws easily accessible, so I suggest you look a little deeper into the info provided for you.

4. Fenders

Fenders

It doesn't seem to be "away from the main board" was my point... I go to the threads on the Massachusetts HAMB and there's a list of threads that are on the main board... like "I swear it followed me home" for example.

I can do as well by searching the main board for "massachusetts". I'm not complaining, I just don't see how the Mass HAMB user group helps....

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

well, in the case of the RMV stuff, there are links to RMV web pages that aren't referenced on the thread that was closed, so there is valuable info there that isn't discussed elsewhere.

as for the 'follow me home' thread, i posted it on the MA HAMB too because there are guys on there that don't go to the main board all that often.

I think Bill's point was that discussion about the new laws could continue over there unencumbered by compliance with the 'no politics' rule.

6. Fenders

Fenders

OK I get it. I will be checking the Mass user group for the local news.
    I think this new law was misrepresented to us initially. Seems it will eventually swallow the stock or restored antique cars in its maw.

7. The word is Seekonk Speedway(Ma) will start building an 1/8th mile drag strip this year.........I posted this on the Ma group also.
    Build a dragster!

8. TeamEvil

TeamEvil

So, end of the month coming up, what's actually happening with the new law in place? Anyone with a traditional hot rod get flagged yet at the local inspection station for an engine swap and get forced to jump through hoops?

Lotta chit chat, just wondering if there's any real world fall-out as yet? It sort of seems like it's going to be the regular inspections that are going to be the tattle tales in the chain of events, just wondering if anyone has been bag yet? And where?

TC

9. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Quote "
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    "OK I get it. I will be checking the Mass user group for the local news."

How does one get to the "Mass user group"?

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

11. go to the community then social groups then mass hamb

12. LCALIGNSHOP

LCALIGNSHOP

Leave it original till the man gives you a number then break out the torches! after all, when they did the cash for clunkers crap and took all those cars to the crusher after destroying the engines and refuseing to let the dealer or junk yard sell one part off them we should have seen the signs,, soon I will not be at all surprised if ANY vehicle over 15 yrs is outlawed.