Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Magazine introduced July 11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordors, Jun 28, 2020.

1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Bought The First Issue And Subscribed Not Only To Be Supportive Of My Friends But Because I Like It...Keep Your Minds Open Please... 67.jpg

2. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I subscribed to the digital version as I am really out of room for print magazines. The premier issue was well done and the linked/embedded video feature brought a whole new aspect to magazine-style coverage. If nothing else, I think it is important to support those who want to maintain a viable information and entertainment source for hot rodding.

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I don’t want to try any more magazines if they aren’t on the stands. I took speed and kulture and am very disappointed with that one so won’t try another.

4. I got a print subscription over a month ago.....nothing yet received. Has anyone got their print version yet?

5. Fordors

Fordors

I subscribed the other day and was informed that my first issue will be Sept.-Oct. That was a bit of a surprise, I expected to receive the Premier Issue which was July-Aug.
    Must not be any left after they distributed the free copies for their advertisers to hand out.

6. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I ordered the Premier issue from Aerobooks Autobooks in Burbank. Haven't got it yet I,m in the UK.

7. Fordors

Fordors

I guess there is some irony in my complaining about ordering the Premier Issue from Autobooks as you did, I trust your postage fee is a bit more than my $6.95, and then there is the $8.99 for the magazine. I feel Brian Brennan should have held those issues back for those that purchased a sub but that's water over the dam now. Those first issues were handed out to attract potential subscribers but I wonder how much business that generated. Most today balk at paying $60 for a two year sub at $2.50 per issue, but they will take one of those complimentary copies.
    Sounds like Autobooks made out the best of all.

8. ...I got the premier issue as well as the Classic Performance Trucks mag,...I like em...

9. the flatlander

the flatlander

Hey Primer, the only way that R&C will come back is if you & I did it, (never). In the 70's I did articles for R&C, the good ol days. I did a few garage scenes for it that were really popular. I have pushed that idea as well as others to SR & R&C before some low life's jerked it. I could never get them to move on it. Finally figured out they were to tight to come past Denver to shoot them. P/S : So. Cal Pete once told me that the east (hot rodders) coast stopped in Denver ?? Shows what he knew. RIP. Anyway I'm not a big fan of Brennen's anyway but will see if they are smart enough to do garage scenes. That's what we all want to see..right ? Sure am tired of Hot Rod, & Motor Trend …….

10. the flatlander

the flatlander

here again : If you gear heads want to read a really great hotrod etc magazine, get Custom Car from the UK. no bs just real talk & substance. It ain't cheap here (best by sub.), but worth a look. I'd be glad to send a good used copy to anyone if interested. Email me an address, send me 2 bucks postage anywhere in us. Refunded if not shit faced happy.... Alan 336 302 6091

11. the flatlander

the flatlander

12. clem

clem

you can also pm ( private message ) him by clicking on the envelope image - middle top right - on home page.
    That way he is more likely to see your request .

A5CC23F9-2F04-439B-A11C-A84D381294D3.png