Register now to get rid of these ads!

New location for my Phoenix shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Jul 31, 2011.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Well after leaving my position as manager of Arizona Street Rods,(before the fire fortunately) and working from home for a while, I decided to move into a real shop with some breathing room.

I have hired some guys I used to work with, as well as a "new to the shop world guy", and Vintage Auto Repair is up and running!

I am very excited about it and I have a lot of things in the works that will make this fun for all as well as a great place to get your car worked on.

Personally I have well over 30 years in the hot rod repair business, and my crew has a great backround as well.

Here are a few pics of what the place looked like before we moved in, and what it looks like today.

I encourage you to check out our fan page on facebook ( Vintage Auto Repair) and give us a like if you would! We will be updating it frequently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Consider me afflicted with space envy!!

3. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

very cool! where at?

4. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I also wanted to show you what friends are all about. My good buddy BJ, BrianW here on the HAMB told me he had a shop warming gift. He and his sweetie Tiffani came to the shop and made this great presentation for my wife & I.

He had previously designed my logo, as well as some coloring help from Jimmy Smith (Jeem). Well after we got into the shop he dicided to make me a sign to hang up. I had no idea he was going to do this, and to say the least when unveiled it I was speechless. It is a fantastic work of art.

He made sure it was as an old sign would have been from the cloth cord to the slotted brass screws holding the brass strips on. He even did the phone number with the two letter prefix as it would have been long ago!

I can't thank him enough for such a wonderfull gift other than to show his remarkable talent to everyone here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's proudly hanging in our waiting room!

[​IMG]

5. jipp

jipp

good luck on your adventure.. all that space looks nice. :)

chris.

6. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Your waiting room is nicer than some living rooms. Big kudos for your new shop space and I have envy for the silver trailer shown in the second pic. Is that a rollback or tilt bed? It's nice looking either way.

7. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Thanks for the kudos. The waiting room isn't complete yet, and on the other side is a vintage Hi-Fi. The trailer belonged to the previous tennant.

The new location is at Cave Creek & the 101 for the locals. The shop # is 602-283-5959

8. bonesy

bonesy

That looks sweet!

9. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I work right by your shop. If and when you are ready for visitors I would love to come by on a lunch break.

10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Congrats and good luck! And I'm likin' the rattan waiting room furniture ... very collectible!

Barry

11. Congrats! The sign just goes to show what good friends are for.

12. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

So far all the furniture has been found on Craigslist other than a couple of smaller items that came from Goodwill. We have furnished both offices and the waiting room for less that $500. I love bargains, and I'm a cheapskate besides!

13. Tacson

Tacson

Whats the build plan (Motor, Transmission, Front Suspension, and Rear Suspension) for the 53' F100 if you are at Liberty to say? Thanks

14. Are those customer or employee rides? Either way, it looks like you are off to a good start.

15. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

They are all customer projects.

Donald, that F-100 is a well driven truck owned by BrianW who is the guy that made my sign in the pics here. It has a 350-350 with an RB's front clip. It has a fairly lumpy cam that makes no vacuum, so we are upgrading it to a hydro-boost system.

Two interesting projects that we are building are the 33 Dodge with a Viper V-10 and six speed, and the 51 Plymouth wagon is getting a full "correct" restoration, but it's getting a 354 Hemi that will be detailed as though it came in that car.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

17. Well, on my list to stop by and say HI and GOOD LUCK!!!

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome Terry, looks to be a decent size shop for y'all! Sign looks bitchin', BJ is a good man. You need some more art for your waiting room! We'll stop by soon to check out the digs.....

19. I thought that looked like Brains truck, good luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

20. Good Luck on the new venture. :D That sign is incredible.:cool:

21. Coolness.. As soon as Julie is back to her old self, She and I are looking into a move to Az. Since you have this big fancy shop, Can I come by and play now and then??? I wanna learn how to build hot rods and stuff..

If any of you H.A.M.B. people in the area are not familiar with Terry's work. Check him out. Quailty and class.

22. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Thanks Mark, you can come by and play anytime. Lets hope the best for Julie!

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, I had no idea this was in the works for you. Congrats bud! I'm so happy for you. I'll stop by and visit the next time I'm in the area. :cool:

24. Big Nick

Big Nick

Congrats! I was out in AZ for a few days last year. What a place! We are thinking of making the move there, its just that the house market here is in the dumps right now. Shop looks great and I wish you a lot of luck!

25. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

work and money must be good in AZ I know its not in Ca good luck guys

26. erlomd

erlomd

Good luck...looking forward to coming by the the shop.

27. Good luck with your new business !!!!!

Frenchy

28. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

You better!

29. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

Great Space... Good Luck!

30. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

As a side note for everybody who will be attending the November Goodguys, we are the first stop on the Thursday tour. I look forward to seeing you all!