Register now to get rid of these ads!

new kustoms illustrated/ "leadsled merc"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glassguy, Jan 23, 2007.

1. glassguy

glassguy

heres a heads up for the custom crowd here.. i just got a delivery of the new k/i as ive said before i get these way before anyone else because the printer is on the next street from my shop:) .. as usual luke delivered a top shelf issue! i know i say that every time, but it just keeps getting better. and when you live, breathe, eat , and sleep kustoms like i do, its pretty exciting.. theres a cool garage scene with kieths (leadsled merc) 37 chevy taildragger that everyone on here will dig simply coz the car rules, and kieths one cool old goat!! and theres contributing articles in there from a few other HAMBERS. lead east coverage etc etc . well sorry if this seems "spammy" but such a good mag needs support, and i want everyone to know about it!! so check it out:cool:

Attached Files:

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WAHOO!!!

Another Kustom Illustrated issue is on its way!! I cannot wait to checkout the new issue. SPAMMY?? This isn't SPAM'n I call it preaching the
    good word. Thanks for the heads up!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Awesome. One of the best mags on the rack, hands down. Not one page goes to waste with crap.

Newark News in Newark, DE keeps it stocked on the racks. Many times I've passed up dinner at school to have the dough to make this purchase. Well worth going hungry for the night

4. The Kukester told me he had the new one but that I'd probably see it at the GNRS before it got to the Charlton PO (they're starting to get the spring seed catalogs so they're pretty busy).

Dennis

5. glassguy

glassguy

hey i wont give out anymore info, but theres something in there about the "street aces" :D

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow, good deal Dave! All the more reason to pick up this issue!

7. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks for the compliment Dave, I think???:D

It sounds like the best issue Luke has put out yet!;)
    I cant wait to see it.
    LSM

8. Mmmm....kustoms. If this is spam, fry me up an extra piece!:rolleyes::D

Bryan

9. glassguy

glassguy

you bet ya ass it was a compliment!! i just cant sop myself from from ruining everything with a nasty remark!! oh well i just do what im good at. haha

10. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Cool. I've been wanting to see El Capitola after the restoration.
    A couple of months ago John Barris (Sam's son) handed me a whole stack of photos of the car in it's pre-resto state o being.

11. Dave:
    Great little magazine.When I was out in October Sonny Venuti gave me a bunch of them as well as some other East Coast little books.Great stuff coming out of that area.
    Ray

12. woo whooo..i cant wait to see the new issue.wonder what the"collectors card"is gonna be this month?do yourself a favor and...subscribe.

13. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Thats the word around town........lol......

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

hahaha...I wouldn't expect anything different from the assguy!
    You're just lucky the farm animals can't tell what else your good at! haha

This sucks cause I probably won't get to see a copy until I get back from the Pomona, hopefully they'll make it to the left coast quick.

15. Mine's in the mail so maybe I'll get it today and bring it out with me.

Pukester was going to see assguy in Peebidy today so whatever you do stay away from the North SHore - no good's coming out of that area today:eek:

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

They'll probably have to call in the Haz-Mat team to clean up the mess!

17. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

one of my favorite mags.....

18. glassguy

glassguy

They'll probably have to call in the Haz-Mat team to clean up the mess! baaaaaahahahahahahahaha hillarious!!!! your almost as funny as me!!! good one you ol bastid

19. Just got mine from Glassguy.Great as always-even the ads are cool!

20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

As I'm a died in the wool Kustom guy, Kustom Illustrated is the best rag out there by far....

21. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Thanks everyone for the comments! Glad you are digging the magazine. I'm finishing up stuffing the subscription envelopes right now and will have them all mailed by tomorrow.

Cleatus, El Capitola is awesome! Always loved the car, but after seeing it in person I've gained a whole new respect for the car and Sam Barris. The man was an incredible craftsman.
    When the current owner, Guy Boucher opened the garage door, it was like having a religious experience! I can tell you that the car is in good hands too. Both Guy and his son John are good people and there was no compromise with the cars integrity during the restoration.
    Thanks again everyone!
    Luke

22. glassguy

glassguy

i gotta bump this!! just in case some of the custom crowd missed it... check it out

23. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Great Mag............ Thanks!

24. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Kustoms Illustrated...........what Custom Rodder Magazine coulda,
    woulda, shoulda, but never connected the dots to become.

Swankey Devils C.C.

25. I've never had a subscription to this mag but I just went to the website and ordered one. Thanks Luke for a great mag.
    Mike

26. THEKID49

THEKID49

Been checking the mailbox everyday since I first saw this post. Best custom mag out there.

27. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Where's mine??????????????????

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great mag
    Luke ...direct hit!

29. Spike!

Spike!

..Needs more "Huff". :D

Spike

30. Rikster

Rikster

I recieved mine and it is FANTASTIC!!!

The El Capitola article is increadible. The photo's are absolutely gorgious. I always thought the car was really nice, but the Kustoms Illustrated article makes it far beyond that. Last issue had the Aztec this issue the El Capitola. I hope these two fantastic late 50's customs one day will be show together side by side.

Great job Luke.