Register now to get rid of these ads!

new kiwi guy heading towards sacramento

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RussTee, Mar 27, 2008.

1. RussTee

RussTee

Hi guys finally got on here im a kiwi from Christchurch New Zealand.My interest is bangers i have a 27 roadster with as much after market gear my57 years of collecting would find me including my own overhead conversion.I also have a 26 roadster pickup on a model a frame b motor thomas head NZ anderson twin carb set up with Aussie Holden stromberg carbs[97 lookalikes]and on the road developing with me for 40 odd years.In May i am heading your way and will be staying in the Sacramento FairOaks area, i would love to meet banger fans know whats on and where to go. I have recently found a NOS Rutherford head with a pair of Winfield SR carbs I would love to know more about Slim Rutherford and his heads the head is in great condition and will go on the RP great to be here and am enjoying the posts of like minded folks.

2. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome aboard dude!

3. Welcome from West Georgia, USA. Sounds like some cool stuff you've got.
    Cooter

4. Muttley

Muttley

Welcome from Fresno, a few hours South of Sacramento. Are you going to make it to Paso?

5. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Welcome to the HAMB

6. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

What's Paso???? ;)

Good to see ANOTHER Kiwi on here - must be at least 50 now. How about some pics of your car? I'm sure Greg Stokes will be on to you like a rash.....

Noddy

P.S How long will you be in the USA? I'm heading to California August 1st.

7. RussTee

RussTee

Hi Beach Hop have not met Greg yet but like his car. I have been playing around with this old stuff for years i was a member of Rod Benders NZs oldest active car club 1957-2007 50 years but was always out of step with a banger however now i seem to be falling back into step yippy! all thats old is new eh? my cars are stock bodied but the motors and drive train just keep developing as does my interest good to be here as always for ever four

8. Mopar34

Mopar34

Welcome to the HAMB! Kiwi's and Aussie's are always welcome. Sounds like you got a couple of kool rides and some interesting parts. I don't know much about the head but someone here probably will.