Register now to get rid of these ads!

new kid on the block

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by darrenpritt, Jul 27, 2010.

1. darrenpritt

darrenpritt

Hey everybody I,m the new hillbilly on the block, I,m looking to build a 27 track-t, my 10 yr old son is almost as excited as i am.
    was wondering if any of you have any thoughts about an engine that would be small to fit the frame but still allow for some hp... i thought maybe a 289 ford what do you all think?

2. bigalow49chop truck

bigalow49chop truck

hello new kid on the block glad you are looking for something you and son can work on.buttttttttt a 350 chevy motor would look better .hahaha

3. darrenpritt

darrenpritt

Yeah i was thinking maybe chevy they are alot easier to find parts for but, i'm just wondering how tight it will be given the room in the front end of the track-t chassis.

4. darrenpritt

darrenpritt

I am going to get the kit from Speedway cataloge i'm hoping to stay under 7k for the whole build, so any help from you veterans of hot rod building will be much appreciated

5. welcome to the H.A.M.B.

6. darrenpritt

darrenpritt

Thanks, it looks like a great place to be. am looking forward to alot of great ideas and maybe making some friends.

7. Welcome from Arkansas. A 4 cylinder can be made to put out some serious H.P., hook it to a 5 speed and you'll have a fun little "T" and it won't break the bank...

8. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome new kid