Register now to get rid of these ads!

New kid in TN intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by flying53gmc, Mar 2, 2005.

1. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

I am a college student at MTSU in Murfreesboro, TN. I hope that my pictures will come us as I have never done this before. I bought the 53 just when I turned 15 and it is my only driver. It has a 307 sbc with a 5 speed manual. Front suspension out of a 83 chevy truck with disk, power brakes and steering. The 31 is glass and I started it from scratch a couple years ago and have driven it a little, just needs a motor now. I have been lurking for about 2 1/2 years now and finally decided to sign up. Thanks guys, let me know if there is a better way to do the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. You are going to fit in here just fine. What took you so long?

3. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Are You A Sig Ep? If so were bros.welcome aboard.

Later Shoe

4. Welcome to the HAMB........ :D

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Welcome to the HAMB.

Was the "Skull and Bones" rod at the Louisville NATS a few years ago? I thought I saw it there.....

At any rate, hang around. Come on out April 30th to the 411 dragstrip near Knoxville. I hear there's gonna be a rumble. The Greazy Hubcapz vs. the Poor Boys. Switchblades, nunchucks, sawed off shotguns, b-b guns, water pistols, and probably some of those little BANG snap bombs...you know, the little paper ones that you throw on the ground. Scary stuff....Only show up if you can handle it. :D

Tingler

6. rebstew187

rebstew187

welcome from Kentucky

7. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

What's up! One of the guys on the summer work program at Nissan told me about you. He didn't know how to find you and I never thought about you showing up on here. Welcome aboard! What took you so long??!! If you've been over to the Friday night cruise in behind Stones River Mall we've probably walked right by each other. I own the black primered 56 with the cowl hood. If you'd like to hang out with some grease monkey/car nuts, then you've got the Poor Boys, Greazy Hubcaps and Confederate Cruisers to hang with. Look forward to seeing you on the road!:D

8. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

Hey man, I went to the cruise in a couple of times, but the last time I went they would not let me in cause my 53 gmc was not "clean enough". I told them to kiss my ass and went and talked to the guy in charge. A woman who saw it was just as pissed as me and let him have it too. I saw you at wal mart last week. I was in my buddys ford ranger and gave you the thumbs up. That is a kick ass chevy.
    Triumph, I am a sig ep up here and build my car in the barn on our 14 acres.

That was not me at the nats a coulple years ago, this has only been a car for about a year now. The only thing keeping me back is money. I just need to build my 350. Needs to be bored and decked, crank turned and new pistons. Money is tight as most of ya'll know.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

9. Where have I seen that roadster :confused: and did I get your six bucks at my show(Frosty Wheels)? :D

welcome, and go Blue Raiders :rolleyes:

mid-tenn mike

10. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

Man I am truly sorry for that. That is THE VERY REASON i'm not in that club anymore! We had a big falling out about the guys at the front treating people like that. That club is run by used car dealers so they don't have a clue what a real hot rod is. They used to give me crap about my car all the time. They can't stand primered cars. That was probably my son you saw in the car a couple of weeks ago. Glad you like it. You've got some nice looking rides there. I really dig the 31!

11. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Hey Whit! Long time ,no hear. Is that the frame I sold you?? You did very well! Those Mhrc guys can suck weenie's. If you don't mind the drive, my 'old 'club is getting together a cruise night Saturdays,I'll be doing the music. It's at the Shady brook mall, in columbia,TN I'll get more info as soon as its availible. Yeah, it's about time you got on the Hamb.:D BTW, the Poor Boys could use a new member(if you pass initiation) Seeya, Sparky

12. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

Hey Sparky, yeah that is your frame. It worked out great for me. Let me know when ya'll are gettin together. I think you were there the day the cruise in would not let me in. Your sedan is kick ass man. It was the baddest car there by far and I bet they were'nt happy about lettin you in either. I don't know what the deal with those guys is but they need to get over it. I got a bad taste in my mouth but I will probably cruise out there again. Take it easy, Whit.P.S. What do you think about that front axle out of the truck sittin in the roadster. We talked about it when you sold me the frame and I think it worked out well. I built all of the radius rods, clevises, ladder bars, and panhard rods. I'm not sure if you can tell, but those headlight brackets are conecting rods out of a Lycoming airplane engine.

13. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Thats cool I reconize the the skull and cross bones on the grille of your roadster.I am little older than you but were still brothers let me know if you ever need anything I'll see if I can help you out. I will be down your way on 3/26/05 Outside of Nashville at Symrna Tn (not sure I spelled that correctly) with my bike for a bike show sponsored by the Horse mag. Maybe you could cruise over and check it out that day. Once agian welcome

Later Shoe

14. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

The truck axle looks like it turned out well.How much caster did you put in it? We used to arrive at that cruise in before'The Nazi's" showed up. ha ha ha . We'll keep you in touch,with the events in TN. Plan ahead ,for the flag-start drags in Maryville, apr. 30th! hope to see you before that:D ,later Sparky

15. Hey Whit, is that you? Nobody else has a p/u painted like that.

Looks like you've made a lot of progress on the roadster since I saw the body in your shed! Good to hear you're still in school.

You'll like this place(well, most of it) Welcome from an old guy.

Bill

16. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

Hey Bill, you know it's gotta be me. I have been lurking since you told me about this place a few years ago. I was gonna sign up the other day so I could get in touch with you and see ya at the swat in Nash last month, but I could not go. I am gonna be in Memphis tomorrow for a week for spring break and would like to come see your roadster if you have time. The seat worked out great and people can never guess what it's from. The rumble and door hinges worked out great too. I may have to start a new thread to be able to put a coulple more pics up for you to see. Get in touch with me Bill. Thanks, Whit.

17. k9racer

k9racer

DO NOT SPEED through SMYRNA..........welcome..... Bobby.........

18. Whit,
    check your PM's.
    Bill

19. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

got it bill, i will call you later

20. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb.

21. jstorm

jstorm

Welcome from Smyrna, come hang with us poor boys sometime. Sparky is my hero, he is building me aframe too.