Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs New Jerseys Iconic Circus Drive Restaurant is in Jeopardy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uncleo, Feb 1, 2017.

1. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from the Jersey Shore and if you are a car guy then you may have at some time visited or driven by the legendary Circus Drive In restaurant on Rt 35 in Wall Twp NJ,a summer shore meeting place for over 60 years.
    Among my memories in addition to car shows and cruise nights is taking my 5 or 6 year old nephew Benito to the Circus Drive in on a Saturday night after the Wall Stadium Auto races were rained out....but the sun came out later and since it was in the neighborhood I
    thought we would stop by.
    The kid as I call him is now in his late 20's and has among other vehicles a 55 Chevy and a 51 chopped Merc .....he thought he was at the drive in that was featured in the movie ''License to Drive.''
    It looks like some kind of development of the property will take place without the Big Clown themed building.
    Just wondering....do you have any ''Circus'' stories or memories?
    Lee
    inspired

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Like these Lee?

[/ATTACH] 56circus.jpg circus cruise.jpg circus cruise 2.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I took this shot last Saturday on my way home from a show is Ocean Grove. The drive-in is closed and it's future doesn't look good. I guess it will soon be in drive-in heaven alongside Mel's Burger City. IMG_0632.JPG

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

5. swifty

swifty

Developers don't care about history, all they care about is $$$.
    Shame to lose such an icon. None of the locals (other than you 2) concerned?

Nice A coupe shoebox.