Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Jersey "Jalopy" show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopolds, Sep 3, 2003.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Been a lot of flyers put out for a car show in Asbury Park, NJ recently, the "Jalopy Jump and Jive" Looks like it might be a gas! Bunch of bands (I never hear of, but I'm an old fart), "our" type of cars, at a BAR, the Wonder Bar, close to the Stone Pony. Starts at noon, runs till 2:00 AM???
    Anyone heard of it, or going? I've got a flyer in the shop if anyone needs any more info, I'll post later.....

2. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

we're gonna be going down with a group of about 4 or 5 cars from north jersey...leaving about 9am...i talked to the guy running the show at Lead East, looks like its gonna be a good time....bob

3. jeff

jeff

its sat. the 6th, hopefully the weather will clear up by then..

4. do you have any more info on it??

5. jeff

jeff

its at asbury park nj. it starts at noon and will go till like 2am. "rockabilly and 60's garage" bands. thats about it.. rat- if you are looking to go, i'm pretty sure i'm going, and i'm about a mile or so outside phila. so we could hook up... let me know -jeff

6. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

i hear some of the rumblers are going down, sounds like it'll be a good show...im there....mike

7. where exactly in asbury park is this show happenin?

8. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

not sure of the exact location, but the guy we're following down tells me its pretty close to the Stone Pony..i do know its exit 102 off the Garden State Parkway...not much help there, but i tried....bob [​IMG]

9. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

its at Wonder Bar..directions from north: nj turnpike south to exit 11..take the gsp. south to exit 102..take 66 east(asbury ave) about 5 miles..come to a circle..go through circle continue on asbury ave to ocean ave turn left, go .3 miles, club on left.

from west: nj turnpike to exit 7a take 196 east, about 20 miles. 195 turns into 138, cont. take 35 north(belmar/asbury) to corlese ave turn right cont to main st turn left cont to cookman ave turn right cont to ocean, turn left go .5 miles club on left.