Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Jersey guy with his first A saying whats up!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Patdoody, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Patdoody

Patdoody

Whats up everyone. I have been lurking for a long while now, and been posting a little here and there... Either way, I finally bit the bullet and started building something... I picked up a 31 ford truck project.. I am going to build a traditional roadster pickup. I been big in the VW world for some time and always wanted to do a old school rod, so I guess the time is now.

hello everyone!

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

Welcome from st louis post a picture of your truck.....

3. welcome from hatboropa & lambertville nj

4. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Welcome ..Please fasten your seat belts it could be a bumpy ride ... ;-)

5. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Welcome. There are plenty of reformed (and closet) VW owners on this site. You are not alone. Let's seem some pics of your project!

6. Patdoody

Patdoody

thanks guys! yeah I am still going to keep the few vw's I got, way to much time and money wrapped up in them to completely cut loose.

[​IMG]
    only pics of the "truck" so far... you see some boxed steel in the background that will soon be a frame.
    [​IMG]
    me sitting in it making engine noises haha.

7. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Greetings from Clifton

8. bstie

bstie

I'm from Caldwell I to had vdub a 74 ghia and now drive a TT working on a 46 Studebaker PU project... welcome there is much to learn here.

9. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I'm originally a Jersey-ite, welcome

10. VanHorton

VanHorton

Whats up dude? Cool project ya got there. I see you are into volkswagens, where are ya from in South Jersey? Do you know Bill eichorn by any chance? Hes my neighbor, real into vw's... What kinda stance and stuff ya goin for? Engine? fill us in!

11. NEW JERSEY SUCKS................................no wait, that's NEW YORK SUCKS! But I digress, Welcome.-MIKE:eek::D:D

12. teddyp

teddyp

Wecome from north jerzery

13. Patdoody

Patdoody

Hey you are real local! yeah Bill is a very good friend of mine we actually rent the garage together that white golf in the back ground is his car...

As for stance I want it to be a few inches of the ground haha, motor will most likely be a small block chevy, saginaw 4 speed, 9" rear... I am trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I really need to find some sort of front suspension/steering tho. That is the main thing I am worring about, I still dont know what years I can use and what works with what?

14. VanHorton

VanHorton

hah wow i had a feelin that was his car... small world, he must be real jealous you got some old iron before him hahaha. As far as front suspension goes, if ya want to keep it cheap you might want to just go with a model a axle mounted suicide style. that could get you pretty low without a dropped axle, im pretty sure you could make any axle from a model A to like 1936 or 37 work with some creativity... the later axles had the spring in front of the axle instead of on top like earlier ones, so youd have to do some fab work there. Personally i like em with a nice rake at a 4x4 height! hahaha. You can probably find answers to all of your questions around here with some searching.

15. 47 ford

47 ford

Welcome and good luck from Saddle Brook

16. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Welcome from around the corner too! Since your into VW's, I assume you know Ed Meyers(spelling?)with the crewcab rabbit pickup... Tell him "Caddy Joe" said hi!

17. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Welcome my brotha. Best of luck with the project. I too have a VW (girlfriends Cabrio) bought as a project, a nice shape '95 that has fuel and spark but doesn't start. :D Must be a problem with the atmosphere, Al Gore was right! Haha.

18. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Sounds like a good start. Welcome from Woodbridge.

19. Patdoody

Patdoody

Yeah Ed is a friend of mine as well. I am actually daily driving a vw passat I bought off him last year...

Its good to see so many peoples from the jersey area!

20. Zornig

Zornig
    from NJ

Wow Pat didnt know you made the jump from Vw's. Im looking for a model A sedan myself.

Jim

21. Huckster59

Huckster59

welcome from illinois

22. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

23. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga