Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Indy HAMBer

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mogara, Aug 21, 2006.

1. mogara

mogara

I have been lurking for a while, and see other getting blasted for not introducing themselves, so here goes. I was born and raised in Indianapolis, and currently work for a race team here in town where I am a race engineer. My summers are pretty busy with work, but I try to fit in as much hot rodding as possible. I currently have a '70 Pontiac Catilina that is primarily stock aside from Torq Thrust wheels and cut springs. My next project wil be a traditional hot rod. I have found some local tin that I am trying to purchase to keep me busy over the winter. I'll keep you posted.

2. sedanman36

sedanman36
    from Indy

I'll jump in and welcome you, I'm new and from Indy also. There are a few other members from Indy on here also. What kind of tin are you looking at trying to buy?

sedanman36

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Welcome Indyite. Glad to have more in the area. I'll be having a winter cookout/meet-n-greet in a few months so keep an eye on the board if you wanna meet some of the locals.

4. El Tortuga

El Tortuga

Welcome, I am west of Indy.2006

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

mogara,

:) A cool welcome to you to the hamb. Good luck searching for the the right project to build. On hamb, watch out the the assholes who like to blast newbies, some kind of hazing routine my small minds. There's nothing like an old hot rod to stir up the juices, post your ride when you find it. Owning a early custom or hot rod is a fantastic high.

Be cool

Cruiser 49:cool:

6. zootkandy

zootkandy

welcome aboard. best of luck with your future project!

7. Seeing more and more Indy HAMB'ers poppin up. Welcome aboard.

8. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

mogara,

Champ Car or IRL?

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

A ssaid before, Good to see more guys from Indy on the board. I am on the west side close to Raceway Park.

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Welcome aboard from a former Hoosier. I'm from Lebanon originally. Family still is there.

What kind of car are you looking for? We have some stuff for sale.

11. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

welcome to the hamb, lots of great help on here...

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Welcome to the HAMB from another Indy burb member. This board is a wealth of info and in my opinion the largest group of talented people ever accumulated.
    the Dickster

13. mogara

mogara

Thanks for the welcome everyone. To answer a few questions...

What am I going to build? I am not quite sue what I am going to build next. It will be steel and from the '20's or '30's. I'd like to build something that the whoel fam-damly can enjoy.

CART or IRL? IRL and Grand Am...I have engineered IRL cars for 5 years or so, and just finished a season in the Grand Am series.

Now I have a question: There's a guy in the Southside that has a flat black Ford F-100 with HUGE tail pipes. Anyone know him, or how to contact him?

Thanks again.

Mike

14. boozoo

boozoo

Can't answer that one but I wanted to say welcome, too. I haven't been on the HAMB very long, but it already feels more like a virtual home than a lot of the other places I used to hang out.

Gotta be cool having a bona fide race engineer on board!

15. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

There's more than just one, boozoo...