Register now to get rid of these ads!

New in the Toledo OH/Detroit MI area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ian S., Jul 29, 2010.

1. Ian S.

Ian S.

Hey all. Actually got turned onto the HAMB by the guy I bought my current project from. Building up a 1959 Chevy Apache pickup. Bought it as rolling chassis with a cab. That was early June. Progress so far has included freshening up a 305 I had laying around, bolting it to a 200-4R, and dropping the two in the frame (made easy by the 72 camaro sub already installed at purchase). It's z'd out back with an S-10 frame, and sports the 10 bolt posi outta the camaro. As we speak there's a custom driveshaft being built for it in an undisclosed location. I'm for a more traditional look on the outside, and will probably save the body work for last as it's a Texas cab and fairly clean. Looking to drive this thing under it's own power to Hunnert Car Pileup this October.
    Currently I'm a prospect with the Piston Jammers CC outta Toledo OH. The guys have been a big help so far, and we've been having fun hittin' the shows. You may have seen us at Billitproof Ypslanti, Sins of Steel in Davisburg, Dragway 42 this past weekend, or countless other places. We're gonna be at Hunnert for sure and the 59' will be there. The guys tell me we're gonna have a presence at Detroit Autorama this year too, so look for us in the basement.
    My last order of buisness is that I am in desperate need of a bed for the 59. It's setup for a long box and I'd like to keep it that way, as I have grand plans of hauling my Harley in my hot rod pickup. I'd like to keep from having to buy a whole other truck due to space limitations in the shop, and blight laws here in town, but beggers as they say can't be choosy. So help a new guy out, and let me know if you know of anything, or if you may have something that'd work. I'm told the chevy stepside box itself is virtually the same up into the early 80's pickups.

Thanks for reading--Ian

Attached Files:

2. welcome to the H.A.M.B.

3. carcruse

carcruse

Welcome from Downriver. Years ago, a relative used to own the roller rink in Luna Pier.

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

welcome from Detroit

5. welcome from just up the street.....Danimal here is one good source for chevy truck parts and info..he's got a bunch of em..

6. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome from No Cal

7. Welcome from Arkansas...

8. 48fleetmaster

48fleetmaster

Welcome from mid-Michigan

9. Ian S.

Ian S.

Thanks all. Hope your summer has been a good one so far. And thanks for the tip there T.K., I sent Danimal a message this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to find a bed before Hunnert.

10. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

your a punk. hahahaha. when u gunna find that bed? which hunnert? just kiddin there buddy. glad you found the hamb lots of great connections on here. see ya thursday

g.