Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Hot Rod Reunion - New England Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Church Key

Church Key

Steve Gibbs from NHRA was at NED last weekend. They are very pleased with the facility. Both NHRA and NED are putting 100% effort into this event. There are cars coming from all over the east coast and some as far away as California. The rest is up to us the racers, hot rodders and spectators to make this the best event in the east.

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Have they nailed down the dates yet?

3. Church Key

Church Key

The dates have not been finalized... It will be a Thursday , Friday, Saturday format. Finals and Cacklefest on Saturday night.

4. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Woohoo! It's a little closer for me than Bowling Green! But I'm sure I will go to Both! I love Bowling Green, such a great event and so many cool cars. The Cacklesfest is what makes it!

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eileen Daniels will be back up here in October to meet with the tourism board and to finalize a few things. Her and Steve Gibbs were very excited about the feedback for the reunion. She is going to have a display at the NHRA event there next year. I think it's going to be a huge turnout. As soon as i hear the dates i will let you know.

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The date for the reunion will be announced at the Mac Tool Nationals at Indy.

7. LZ

LZ

Really looking forward to this.
    My Favorite Uncle and Cousin nearby -- 200+ Dollars, Bowl of worlds best Clam Chowder -- 8 bucks, Nostalgia Drag Racing --Priceless.:p
    Thank goodness for the Nostalgia circuit and all the splinter groups that have popped up. Cant believe I would ever say this, but I really don't even put any effort to watch the NHRA circuit anymore.:( Its not that I dont like change and new things. Don't understand it.
    Support your local dragstrip
    Luke

8. Can't wait for this event. There are a lot of large hotels in Manchester about 30 minutes away. If anyone needs any info on lodging in the area let me know if I can be of any help.

9. CruZer

CruZer

Me, too,Keith. I'll be there !!!!!!!

10. The link takes you to a Kodak site. Any way to fix it? Would love to see the pics.

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just wanted everyone to know that the dates for the inaugural New England Hot Rod Reunion are going to be September 12-14th. Jimmy King is going to be the Grand Marshall for the event. For more information you can go to museum.nhra.com. Tickets will be going on sale May 9th 2013. Phone #1-800-884-nhra or nhratix.com. There is alot of work going into this. It's going to be great:D:D
    Gasser Girl

12. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Thanks for the date info,Gasser Girl.

Racemad and I will be there with the Scotto & Blevins Nomad.

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bucksnort,
    We are very excited about this. Eileen Daniels works hard to make these events great.

14. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Bring it on !! Going to be a long year untill then !!

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got word from Eileen that NHRA may have moved the dates. As soon as i hear for sure i will post.
    Gasser Girl

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

The cards they're passing out say Sept 12-14, so I hope they nail it pretty soon, before we all make our plans for the wrong weekend.

I'm sooo looking forward to this, for us on the East Coast!!! :cool:

17. TODD BERUBE

TODD BERUBE
    from NASHUA NH

just got word from a unnamed source it going to be a week earlier

18. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes,
    The reunion is now going to be September 5-7th. I don't know how Eileen and a few of us are going to do it. We'll be at Indy until Monday of this week. Eileen runs the show.

19. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Yikes, usually the Orange Dragstrip Reunion is that Sat. and Ty-Rods is Sunday ??? That's the weekend after Labor Day correct ???

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Changing their dates after already passing out PR Cards...and now scheduling for the same weekend as two major events we have in this area...I sure hope who ever is planning this event is aware of whats going on out here.

This could really turn out to be an awesome East Coast event if it's thought out, but maybe they're not so concerned with the locals that are within driving distance...those same people that wouldn't miss Ty-Rods or The Orange Reunion, especially with the new Fitchburg location.

It seems like that original date was perfect!!

I'd love to hear from anyone that's on the planning crew for the Hot Rod Reunion to hear their thoughts on this. Maybe we're all wet!

21. pitman

pitman

I find this a good event to support.

22. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I am pretty sure the NHRA reunion is scheduled for Thurs, Fri, Sat. Tyrods would not be hurt by this. Infact, it is possible that they could get a higher spectator count as people from other areas of the country would be in this area and may attend-though I wouldnt put hard money on that.

The Orange reunion at Fitchburg is another story though.
    John is a smart man and a very good promoter. Unless he is locked in hard for that weekend, I wouldnt be to surprised if he moved the date not to conflict with the NHRA meet.

Unfortunately when dealing with mighty big organizations such as the NHRA, you may have to conform to their plans to keep small events doing well. But, then again some of the best shows have been put in direct competion of other 'bigger' shows in the same relative area and done very well.

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep, I agree. This could be an awesome event, and a start of a lot of great events out this way!! :cool:

I sure hope you're right!!

24. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Think positive! Typically things have a way of working out.

25. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I always do!!! :D

26. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I agree on those original dates as being good. I was told by a frend who had been handing out the cards that Nhra was concerned with a conflict with the Nascar race/fans. I say screw Nascar.

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everyone,
    I can tell you that Eileen worked very hard to keep the original dates but was unsucessful. Yes the NASCAR race had something to do with it. I really don't think it would have been a factor at all. This is going to be a wonderful event for our area. I guess we have to roll with it and make it as good as possible. The event will be Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It will end Saturday night with the cacklefest as usual. There will be a display area during the NHRA event next June.
    Gasser Girl

28. TODD BERUBE

TODD BERUBE
    from NASHUA NH

Could have been a hotel issue also-dont forget 120,000 people do not all live local-rooms withing 60 miles of loudon are impacted by the nascar race-and at the most at the reunion would be 5000- 7500 people per day est

29. 32 hudson

32 hudson

A check of the Nascar 2013 schedule has a tenative date of Sept 22 for the Loudon race wich would be a week after the original reunion date. I supose hotel lodging could be a factor.

I am local about 25 mins from NED so I will be there to suport what ever the date ends up to be.

Any one got a guess concerning what ticket cost will be ???

30. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I am also close, 35 Mins on backroads from my driveway to entrance gate.
    I suppose ticket prices will be inline with what they get for Bowling Green.

On a positive note, this gives me mucho incentive to get the 55 Buick back up and running and hopefully another project off the back burner for this event!!!