Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Amp713, May 9, 2011.

1. Amp713

Amp713
    from Utah

Hey everybody! my name is Austin, I'm 21 and from Utah.

My grandpa built hot rods for as long as i could remeber, he pinstripped everything and would trade a pinstripping job for dinner. He wasnt in it for the money like alot of people are now adays and i loved that about him. He was building a car for my step mom but when his health went south they had to rush the body work and main paint so he could pinstripe it. He died shortly after stripping it and his casket. The car fell into my hands once my step mom and dad couldnt find a place to keep it or a way to work on it. I went to college for chrysler certification and now work at a dealership here in town. They saw me looking at the car alot while the for sale sign was up and decided that they would rather see it in my hands and grandpa would agree too....

It is a '51 ford tudor, it has been dropped the ol skool way of cutting the springs. It was left in a mixed shape due to the rush of everything, im keeping alot of things grandpa did to it the same and adding some of my own stuff to it!

Looking forward to learning alot from you guys and hearin stories!

Attached Files:

2. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from Maryland! Love the shoebox too.........

Cool to have a car with family history that you enjoy.

3. old tin 38

old tin 38

Welcome and a great intro. To have a family treasure to work on....soooo cool. Have fun with it like Grampa did.:D

4. ScottV

ScottV

Welcome from Omaha, Nebraska. Love the Shoebox, I always said I would like to have a nice shoebox for a driver.

ScottV

5. Amp713

Amp713
    from Utah

I love it so far its decent now but im gonna make it better! alot of hidden problems.... question though anyway to see if someone has replied to my posts without hunting them back down? like a subscribed posts tab or something??

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Grandpa did good . Maybe a little pinstripe. MY $.02.
    ENJOY THE H.A.M.B

7. Welcome - where ya at in Utah?

Up @ the top under "Quick Links".

8. Amp713

Amp713
    from Utah

Im in Roosevelt. Not to many rods cruisin around here seems like..... Originally from Price were you could see them spring-fall...

And what do you mean a "lil pinstripe" bowtie? Ha if you mean quantity trust me there is alot not seen in those pictures, the whole dash is done, the rear axle the whole engine compartment, and multiple spots along the body.