Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Runcharger

Runcharger

Hi: I'm Sheldon I have been following for a while. I've followed Hot Rods for about 5 decades but put all my effort towards Mopar musclecars (mostly Hemis). I'm 60 now and found a 28 R.P. in decent shape so I grabbed it up as I thought it was pretty decent. When I was a kid I bought one of my first Hot Rod Mags and it had a 28-29 R.P. in it which I think was called Green With Envy and I still have the image of that car burned into my mind. Anyway long story short I'm going to build it full fendered, 302, 4 bar on both ends and most likely Torque Thrusts. Nothing earth shattering and I guess some feelings will get hurt because of radial tires, 4 bars etc. but I drive the heck out of anything I build.

Attached Files:

• A-1.JPG
      A-1.JPG
      File size:
      163.4 KB
      Views:
    • A-2.JPG
      A-2.JPG
      File size:
      181.1 KB
      Views:
    • A-3.JPG
      A-3.JPG
      File size:
      246.2 KB
      Views:
    • A-4.JPG
      A-4.JPG
      File size:
      182.9 KB
      Views:
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Welcome Sheldon, to the HAMB. I like your model A. That's a great body. And you can never go wrong with Torque Thrusts wheels. Keep us posted on it. I know you can build it early 60s style, and still be very safe and drive- able too. And that's what they are for. Fun and driving. Thanks Ron...

lothiandon1940 and Runcharger like this.
  3. Runcharger

Runcharger

Thanks Ron: Yes early to mid 60's look is what I am after. Right now I'm wrestling with boxing the excellent original frame or just buying a new JIG welded one. I want it to drive nice but I think I can do a good job on the original frame too. I keep flip flopping on it. I think I'll sandblast it and then make my decision.

4. .. Hello and welcome to the HAMB enjoy your ride.