Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by redmanx118, Feb 14, 2020.

1. redmanx118

redmanx118

I am Donald from northeast Ohio. I am 38, and have been an avid vintage car enthusiast for most of my life. I have had multiple projects, but nothing that really stuck with me. Time, money, and family has always been a factor with these projects being thrown in the corner , and that’s pretty common among hobbyists. The interest always lurks, keeping my mind busy of how or what I could build with this or that.

My first project was a 1926 Chrysler model 70 sedan. Real cool car. I remember being like 12/13 years old, and insisting that I buy it... saw it In a local paper ad. I was 13, who at 13 wanted a car? I bought the car. I had to work almost a whole year to pay my dad back.
    Adjustments.JPG

It seemed like my rat rod, of sorts was uncommon at that time. Most seemed to go traditional, and my method of my build seemed less traditional.
    I hacked a 1984 Chevy s10 and made decent progress on the project. I was trying to go conservative because $$ was tight. I lost interest, and didn’t really like the front susp. Setup. I walked away from that project..... life happened, and potential projects just stayed on the back burner.

In late 2017, I pulled a 1947 Ford 1.5 ton dump truck 5 acres out of the woods. Had to cut like 30 trees down to get it out . IMG_9984.JPG

I have been wrenching on it little by little . I like the progress I have been making. I still have the fire and desire to make something of it. Adjustments.JPG

I am still searching far and wide for parts. I’ll keep everyone posted with updates of the project, and also my much needed wanted parts list. Thanks for keeping the flame lit, hope it continues ....
    Donald

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  2. LAROKE

LAROKE

Welcome, Don!

3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from Wisconsin!:)

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

You’ve made some great progress with the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. You did a good job on the hood & got all that old green tree mold off & it should not take too much to finish fixing the grille area. If you paint everything in the cavity behind the grille black you could consider something like aluminum or stainless expanded metal attached behind those 5 vertical grill uprights after getting them straight. Is that a pickup bed I see now instead of the dump? Keep us posted with your progress and ask when you need something. Jimmie

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Donald. Welcome from NY.

Built a '46 back in my younger days. It too started out as an old farm truck...very much like yours. 46sd.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.