Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration New here How I got started in the hobby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldskool96, Dec 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!!! I'm gonna try and get more young fellas that are interested in traditional hot rods to join the H.a.m.b when I meet some I want to keep it alive!

2. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!!!

Stogy likes this.
  3. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks will definitely think that out!

Stogy likes this.
  4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Did you bring donuts? Welcome.

Oldskool96, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. It was 1966 when I bought a 31 Chevy sedan for $30 bucks. I took it apart but never got it on the road.:( 150.jpg But I did buy a running 38 Chevy coupe while in High School for $600. :)

6. Welcome! You have renewed my faith that there will be a next generation of hotrodders.

Oldskool96 likes this.
  7. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

I'm definitely a old school hot rodder! Even though I'm not old I must be new old stock lol

Flathead Dave likes this.
  8. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

cool old picture! sure wish they were that cheap now! Girlfriend in the picture?

9. Yes, and now wife.

Oldskool96 likes this.
  10. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Welcome to the HAMB. Cool collection!

11. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!

12. indyjps

indyjps

Welcome.
    Turn some of that collection into funds for your next car. It's a lot more fun sitting in a driver's seat VS sitting in a chair and looking at parts.

13. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Tr
    True! I have sold a few things I have more than one of im a bit of hoarder lol not just emblems I have alot of parts too I have a set of model A rims and axles early 50s chevy oilbath aircleaners, a brass Studebaker car and a buch of other stuff I should a few things raise some money

indyjps likes this.
  14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

We, of The North American Alliance of General Buffoonery and Guffaw Affirmation, do not endorse the previous joke nor do we accept any responsibility or damage done therein. Our lawyers shall be in contact with your parents to deliberate future guidelines of jocularity content. Further notices shall be sent as needed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    alanp561 and Oldskool96 like this.
  15. Good on ya !

mad my mom said to me when I was just 15-16 working on my first car “ If you could eat grease you probably would !!”

it’s a fantastic “ Illness” to have

patently wait for your car , the deals are out there , ya just gotta wait , put out feelers and won’t adds etc. You will find that diamond in your price range.

Another option is to buy some “ beaters” put some sweat equity into them flip them snd get a fatter bank roll, that’s what I did when I was your age .

Good luck and welcome aboard !!!

osage orange likes this.
  16. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!! I'm gonna be patient an keep searching till I find the right car meanwhile I'm gonna keep saving my money up buy buying and selling!

17. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks guys for your encouragement you fellas made me feel pretty welcome here! Cheers

18. goldmountain

goldmountain

When I see something like this from young guys wanting to get in this hobby, I do the math and realize that they really have obstacles we didn't encounter. When I purchased my '47 Plymouth in 1971, it was only 24 years old. In 2021, a 1965 car is already 57 years old. If I had bought a 57 year old car in 1971, it would have been a 1914 car. That would have been way over my ability at that stage of life. Wish you all the best.

Oldskool96 likes this.
  19. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, Dave, I think you ought to have some TNAGBGA patches embroidered and sell 'em. Add the buyer's general location to the end of that and you'd have something. In my case, it would read TNAGBGA-ETN. I know I'd buy a couple. :cool::cool:;) By the way, @Oldskool96, welcome from beautiful downtown Cleveland, TN. Glad to see you here.

Oldskool96 and Flathead Dave like this.
  20. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Yes its pretty difficult for us young fellas to get involved,money, the age of the cars and other factors I try not to get
    Discouraged though, I don't have any interest in the cars that were common during my teenage years, car companies have making souless computerized disposable plastic crap since I was born or a bit before I don't really see any modern cars that even look remotely good, and forget about wrenching on em too many electronics half the engine is covered in plastic like a giant sandwich container I kinda blame car companies for the decline in hotrodding/car culture in today's young people Modern cars are appliances now Not works of art anymore. So it's old cars or no cars for me! Even my daily driver is a 37 year old oldsmobile cutlass , I like it because of how basic it is good basic transportation I can fix in my own garage

21. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!!!

22. Oldskool96

Oldskool96

Thanks!