Register now to get rid of these ads!

New HAMB "stolen" section?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by apound, Jul 13, 2011.

1. apound

apound

Ok before you close this at least hear me out. My car was one of 2 stolen in Cloumbus this last weekend. The car was a 68 and not a HAMB friendly car. Thus the thread relating to the stolen cars was shut down. I understand that the focus here is for a certain era of vehicles but how many HAMBers own a non traditional car also?
    Could we have a section for stolen non traditional cars? Not 2000 up everyday drivers but later than 64 stuff. Keep it in it's own area so if you don't want to see it don't go there.
    The HAMB has more power and reaches more places than anything else on the web. If we don't bust the sorry asshole that stole my car he might be after a 32 Ford next week. A thief is a thief whether or not he steals a 64 model or a 68. Together maybe we can stop some of these bastards.

2. apound, sorry to say it will never happen here, I beleive it's been brought up several times along with some other interesting ideas.

3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

While I feel your pain and might feel differently if MY '68 was stolen, part of what makes the HAMB what it is, is catering to the traditional crowd. Ever notice how you see more cars like yours when you own one than before? Might be the best reason to post it stolen on a board for it's make/model.
    Here's hoping they find the thieves and hang them by their nuts.....

4. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I understand the reason about the not Hamb friendly posts, but in the case of a stolen vehicle ,Alot of us own both types of vehicles, what we all have is a common bond of hotrods, classic or muscle cars, we use our hard earned dollars and sweat and blood to build these vehicles and some low life steals them. As a whole group of car people we stand a better chance of making it tougher on these thieves if we all stick together, kind of like the POLICE not taking an interest in a stolen vehicle in OHIO because they are in a different state. Or i guess we just keep our head in the sand and let some one else worry about it because it is not our TYPE of car. If my Hamb type car was stolen i would be thrilled to death to know it was posted on all other types of classic, muscle , streetrod sites, you cannot win a war by yourself, we are strong in NUMBERS. Just My Opinion.

5. 61falcon

61falcon

I'm voting for it. this isnt just happening to hot rods. Race cars and trailers are getting stolen at an alarming rate. If there is a way to get the info out there, maybe someone will get there car back. i'm not saying every stolen car will get found, but even if a small percentage of cars are returned then its worth it. Maybe this will catch on and other sites will follow.

6. Rock and a hard place but we need all the help we can muster to catch these thieving sons-a-bitches! Just be sure to have good insurance 'cause most of 'em'll never get caught!

7. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Start a Social Group

8. If the event the vehicle was stolen from is open to both HAMB and non-HAMB vehicles, I would like to know that there is a problem with vehicles being stolen while attending the event. Maybe there could be a place here to post details of the theft for any vehicle stolen from a HAMB friendly event. Make it so that the only way to repond to the post was by PM or email.

9. silent rick

silent rick

i'm sure there are loads of hambers who own non traditional cars. those hambers who do and get it, go to other sites to discuss them. they know better than to bring them up on the main board.
    let's stay true to the original focus ryan intended when he started the board. ryan brought us the social groups. he doesn't mind if you post off topic stuff there. start one up.

10. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

For my two cents, I would have to agree with the O.P. This forum could use a special section for stolen car alerts, as it does indeed reach so many people and a stolen car should be brought to the attention of the viewers here. It could aid in the capture of grade "A" A-holes and see to it that your car or mine isn't next on their list. Thieves SUCK and we should all be vigilant to curtail this behavior in any way possible. A separate section, not on the main board, for 1975 or older, stolen cars is warranted. Finally, including stolen cars, despite their year of manufacture is just good karma. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Lets catch some Sh*#heads.

Again, just my $.02.
    Michelle

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  11. whiskerz

whiskerz
    from Ga.

Got to agree I do not at the moment own a HAMB aged car . I do have a 67 . Thieves at events need press. also a lot of parts swap . Do you want to buy the stolen motor or trans from the 68 to put in your 58 ? :eek:

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It really wouldn't matter if a special section for stolen cars was started or not cuz lets face facts if it's not posted on the main board not many will see it.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know the feeling, I've gotten two cars stolen from me over the last 21 years.

13. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Good idea! But doubt it will ever fly. Most sugestions I have seen get shot down

14. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

The thread below was started the day before this one. If users aren't searching to see if a similar thread was already started before starting a new one, I doubt they're going to be searching a seperate section regularly for stolen cars. Just my observation.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607187

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'll start one if folks want it, but I agree with Denise...

We've actually had a pretty good history in the past of recovering on topic and related cars just using the main forum in a reasonable fashion.