Register now to get rid of these ads!

New H.A.M.B.er from Az (also have question on tbird)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 64ranchero, Oct 25, 2013.

1. 64ranchero

64ranchero
    from Peoria, Az

Hey guys i'm new to the site and have a big interest in cars and have spent a lot of time in the garage with my father growing up. Right now i'm 18 and own a 1964 ford falcon ranchero and am trying to strike a deal with a family friend to get a 1950 ford:D. And my father has a 1963 ford Thunderbird. I also have a question about installing door poppers on my fathers car. We tore apart the door and the door latch is complicated and we can't figure out where would be a good spot to mount the solenoid and be able to get the pull from it we want. If anyone has any insight on where to mount that would be great. The kit is from auto loc and we already wired the entire car for both doors and the trunk.

2. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi

3. 2racer

2racer

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island. I don't know what the outside handle pushes against on that year car, but you will probably need some small pulleys, and need to drill a hole in the lever that the button pushes put the cable through using a barrel end to secure it the run it to the inner door where you will need to mount a pulley in line with the lever so the cable will go over and down then mount the solenoid so the door glass doesn't hit it when it is all the way open.

5. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I guess I type to slow

6. xwing01

xwing01

welcome from the Hoosier state