Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. RodsKid

RodsKid

Hello H.A.M.B. world.
    I said a howdy-doo on the new guy page but thought I'd say hello here too. I've always been a classic car and drag race guy. After doing some research on TROG and deciding I want to build a model A hot rod to go out and race, I found my way here.
    I have a nearly all original 53 Chevy 3600, a 58 TR3 and i am currently rebuilding from the ground up a 59 el Camino.
    View attachment 4888534 View attachment 4888543 20200530_142138.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB and Happy Thanksgiving!

3. 4tford

4tford

Welcome to the site some nice cars you have.

4. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well done intro on both threads and welcome to the HAMB. You're gonna like it here.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

Welcome, New Guy ! I am not a "high profiler" here, but do spend a lot of time here and have for a good many years. For the classic car and hot rod guys this place is addictive for sure. You can ask most any question and usually get some good answers. Occasionly I find that I can provide an answer and be helpful to someone. So again....Welcome, and enjoy!

6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your off to a good start. Nice stable of vehicles. One suggestion, you might include where you're located in your profile. Doesn't have to be exactly where you are but at least general location is a good idea IMO. Another member might live just one town away and be able to offer assistance or a part you need. Just a thought.

alanp561 likes this.
  7. welcome! Nice ride. I used to own a 59 Camino. I shoulda kept it.

8. RodsKid

RodsKid

I'll always listen to any advice given my way.
    I live in the Ft. Worth in good ol' Texas.
    That one picture of me and the other guy at a car show is me and my dad. That's his '23 t-bucket. He's the reason for my car addiction and love of all things hot rodding.

alanp561 likes this.
  9. Good thing I read that, I was about to tell you how good you look in them white pants ;) welcome to the hamb big guy :D

10. RodsKid

RodsKid

The el Camino was my dream car from my youth. I had a 60 ranchero until I found the el Camino. I gifted the ranchero to my dad.
    I'm doing the el Camino drag style. Something you would've seen go down the 1/4 mile back in the 50's or 60's. My profile picture is the engine I'm about ready to drop into it.

11. RodsKid

RodsKid

12. You my brother? o_O my dream car was a 60 El Camino, and I'm building my wife an AD pickup!