Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. settoon3

settoon3

I’m also new from south Louisiana. Finally pulled the trigger on my first hot rod. It’s not totally traditional, but it’s a start. I’m in the process of changing a few things, and need some advice.

The limeworks column fits very tight into the column drop. Both are from limeworks and 1.75”. Is this normal? I’ve began to grind some out of the inside of the drop but I still have a way to go before it slides smoothly. I’m thinking I should have gotten the 2 piece drop.

IMG_1876.JPG IMG_1971.JPG IMG_1970.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I am using original column in my Chevy Coupe so I cannot offer advice on that. But your comment on not being totally traditional in my opinion is not correct. Correct to what period? Most of Model A's & early year rods are being built to a 60's build theme. I got my drivers license in 53 and help form the old STA (Shreveport Timing Assoc) club in Shreveport and did drags at the old Mansfield airstrip. The builds around at that time did not have chop & channel, at least not there. Mostly stock bodies with some minus fenders with nice paint and interior and mostly flatheads with the 265 Chevy V8's appearing late 55 with exceptions to some of the early 50's Olds engines. Your ride fits the build for a great 50's style ride in my opinion.
    Do it your way and not be different to just be like everyone else.
    jimmie

3. settoon3

settoon3

Thanks for the info, I thought I may get knocked for the sbc not being traditional . I’m still learning what’s correct for each period, I’m just happy to have a driving car. I’m a little further south in BR. Nice to talk to someone who lived it, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Something is wrong with the roofline lol. Welcome man!

5. Wow, nice car and welcome.