Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy, with hot rod blood...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TurboShadow, Feb 19, 2009.

1. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Hey guys, new here, Ive been drooling over your pics and reading tech for a few weeks now. Ive been drag racing FWD dodges since I was 18 (cheap and fast!) but have always wanted a rod. While searching for some ideas on a home built intake mani for my ramapage, I found you guys :).

And I couldn't look away! Ive always felt a odd love for these cars. Actually, if it wasn't for hot rods, I wouldn't be here, no joke! My grandpa meet my grandma while cruising in his hot rod back in the 50's. She couldn't tell me much about the car, but she remembered it had smitty's pipes.

Sadly, I never really new my grandpa, he had a sudden heart attack at 50, when I was 4 years old. But, I look just like him and my family swears I inherted his car collecting gene. When he past, they sold of 40 or so cars he had collected over the years! I dont have 40, but thats more becuase I dont have the room! haha.

My grandma does still have a few of the cars thou... a 50 merc, a 67 k-code mustang fastback, what i rember being a 32 coupe.... and a ford roadster with a rumble seat! Ive been planning on going to ask her about taking one of them, preferably the roadster and building a hot rod. Somthing my grandpa would have built, somthing to make him proud. Well, my wife beat me to asking her the other day, and she told my wife to tell me to come get the car!

So Ive got to sell a couple other projects, make some room in the garage but hopefully I will be brining it home soon. I have the skills. Im only 24, but went to CC for 2 years to be a autobody tech, did that for a while and now work on big rigs, and am a danm good fabricator.

Soo... Im probaly going to ask some stupid questions, but cut me a break. im just a young guy wanting a old rod. I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for them!

2. pecker head

pecker head

Dang welcome from TEXAS ! lets see some pics of them cars !