Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New guy with an old problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68buickgs383, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 68buickgs383

68buickgs383

Hey guys, introduced myself in the new member forum!

Nothing like a complicated problem first post but thats how things work out sometimes. So here goes, Im a MECP certified 12 Volt Tech if that counts for anything.

My car has a blueprint roller 383 stroker with FITECH fuel injection. The FITECH was throwing nonsense codes and I ended up finding out it was a voltage issue. Everything in my car is 0 gauge cabling, power/grounds. Issue is with the car running the battery voltage jumps around wildly from 14v to 8v to 4V to 12V etc. Here's a link to a YouTube clip I made of it.

I'e disconnected the alternator charging lead to make sure it wasn't a internal regulator problem. With the charging lead off the battery it still does the same thing..... all grounds are solid, and I'm at a loss. I just pulled the cap off the HEI and everything looks good. Tested the coil and the primary and secondary coils tested fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I've replaced the battery and it made no difference. The wildly jumping volage is causing havoc with the fuel injection

2. greybeard360

greybeard360

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Actually - your issue is off topic for the HAMB.

The HAMB is for Pre 65 Hot Rod and Custom Cars and your FITECH Fuel Injection isn't HAMB ERA.
    Not sure is you have older cars so closing - not deleting your post.

If you have older cars - stick around and enjoy the HAMB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.