Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Guy with a 56 Buick

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by LuckyStrike56, Dec 10, 2014.

1. I have to agree with Gman on that quote.lol.Bruce.

2. Beautiful car and welcome to the HAMB. Also, Thanks for your service to our country!

3. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Nice Buick Matt and thank you for your service.

4. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome and thanks for your service, that a really sweet Buick! Best to you man and have a blast with her!

5. Carl's shop, had a short lived life, on Velocity Channel. Was somewhat dry, but his shop seemed to do excellent work, with a flare of old world craftsmanship. Wanna know why shows like that don't last?? No BS drama...just straight forward focus on building a cool project. The Buick they did, on TV, was stunning in every detail.
    Welcome to our crazy message board and thanks for sharing. IMHO, the original driveline can be fairly bulletproof, depending on your budget. Cost me close to $2g's to convert my '64 Olds from Slim-Jim, to TH400. Ross Racing modified the case and sold me a new bellhousing. Dynamite modification, for that sled.
    JT

6. missysdad1

missysdad1

Yes, Carl's Automotive (aka Carl's Hot Rods) has been featured in an ongoing series called "Reality Rides" by Brian Greene Productions. They continue to build projects and film them, the series continues to air but on different networks. They are filming Season Four at this time which features a slammed custom candy red '57 Buick Roadmaster hardtop featuring the rare Tiara roof trim and a very cool Henry J. (Psssssssst...this is totally secret, so don't tell anybody, okay...?)

You put your finger exactly upon the intent of the show: No BS drama, just straight forward focus on building cool projects. Carl kinda squeezed my Buick suspension in between other projects, some for the Reality Rides series and some just regular builds not for TV.

I selected Carl's Automotive for the work on my car after having seen the Titian Red and Cameo Beige '55 Special hardtop he built for the first season of Reality Rides in person at a local cruise night. As you say, it is stunning in all respects. The workmanship and engineering he put into my car's suspension is every bit as solid as the TV car...and I don't treat mine very nice, either.
    Yello Belly Staging 2014.jpg
    I don't mean to brag, but my green SBC-powered '55 Special took Street Eliminator at the 5th Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals at Yello Belly Drag Strip in DFW this year, performing flawlessly through seven rounds of bracket eliminations without missing a beat. Thanks, Carl, for making this possible.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    SicSpeed likes this.
  7. welcome to the party .... nice looking wheel(s)