Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy running late from Sydney, Oz.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Croney, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Croney

Croney

Hello Everybody...

Joined a couple of months ago, but am only intrducing myself now, sorry if that was rude of me, I apologize.

Always been into Rods, and I am undertakening my first rod build, a 1935 Pontiac Tourer that I've been staring at in my Grandmas shed for 20+ years. I couldn't stand the thought of her sinking back into the earth, so here I am hopping her up and trying to make a Traditional (as I can) Pre-'72 homebuilt rod.
    Not really into the the chrome and big shiney wheel scene at all and believe the that a Hot Rod has be a little gritty.:D. I'd rather a cool looking, fast, original car to have all the fun you can in, then cleaning the undercarriage with a tooth brush and dying if I gets a scratch. If you spent $80K on a your car, and got someone else to do all the work, you've moved away from the spirit of the thing, I think. If it's not available, fabricate it or modify something else to fit, and doing as much of the work yourself as possible, If you can't do it... learn to, if you can, teach someone else.;)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
    Catch you on the HAMB...:cool:

2. Welcome from the West, the 35 tub sound cool,
    please dont leave us all hangin,show us some pic's....

3. Croney

Croney

Will do a soon as I locate a camera... but theres not much to look at right now:p. A body, a chassis, front and rear suspension, engine over there... you get the picture. She's in a bit of a state at the moment :eek:. Just deciding which direction to go and what parts to chase.

PS. Any Ol' School rodders form Sydney out there?

4. Welcome from victoria, you seem to have the right idea for a hamb build,welcome aboard.

5. fat57

fat57

G day mate welcome along
    Mark