Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy questions about airheart brakes 57 chevy gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XCB8, Jan 30, 2019.

1. XCB8

XCB8
    from Tucson AZ

Hi all, found a time capsule. 57 chevy 150 D Gasser. Complete and sitting( I kid you not in a barn!) since the 70"s I think. Some high school kids tried to get it running in late 80s but gave upDropped tube axle, tilt, olds rearend, etc . Well built. It has Airheart disc brakes on all wheels. Anybody have experience with these? I am refurbishing and replacing parts as necessary. I will race it mostly and gradually make it street legal(barely) just to drive to car shows mostly. Car was built around 1965 near San Jose CA I think. Decals from GROMM Racing Heads and date code on drag shocks. 1963 black and yellow Cal plates. I figure the brakes should be OK for racing. Not sure about occasional street driving. Max trap speed should not exceed 120. Secondly I would like to try and identify this car if possible. I will post pics soon. Appreciate any advice and can give more details if needed. Thought I was out of hotrods but this car is complete. Just have to clean and rebuild.