Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy,(NOT HERE!?)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by torkasmax1320, Mar 9, 2009.

1. torkasmax1320

torkasmax1320

Greetings,

After lerking a while, thought I would step outa the dark and intro. You boys seem to have the formula for cool.

I'm Andrew, livin about the middle of western Oregon. At 45 I have wrenched for my bucks for 32 years (bicycles, boats, aircraft, automation equipment,and cars) Just beginning flight test on a Sonex kit plane (built in my shop).

I'm still in the parts gathering stage of a 50 Buick Sedanette JetBack. So far; an 8-71 Blown BBC I built for a boat project (the boat is long gone) and a t-400. (If I hadn't spent so much time and green on this mill I'd look for a nail.) Going to keep it under the hood. 9 inch rear 4-linked. Big assed tubs. On bags, low enough to knock the lane markers off the road. Leaving the Wyoming patina (the floor and inner rockers are gone, but the exterior tin is very solid). Ditching the factory frame and building.

Building tools also keeps me busy. Mandrel tube bender is in the works. Belt sander with changeable dia end rollers (fish mouthing) is next. The home built tool thread is a great read.

Hot rodding anything is what drives me, dicking around to make it faster, louder or just cooler.

Peace
    Tork

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Andrew, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

3. torkasmax1320

torkasmax1320

Thanks Lucky, Glad to be here! The information and just cool stuff on this site is inspiring.

Peace
    Trok

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Welcome. that sedanette and you will fit in fine around here. New blood with experience is always welcome...ghost