Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy, Kansas City

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mherman39, Mar 30, 2010.

1. mherman39

mherman39

wow, what a resource! A buddy of mine in town shot me this link today when I told him it was time to lay into my 50 Ford. Here's the deal, I've had the car parked over at my mom's house for about 6 years. With few means and little knowledge in this area, I purchased a 70 LTD last fall for next to nothing. Last weekend I pulled the 351W/C4 and drug it back home. I'll pull them apart this weekend and get the engine on a stand. I've have a machine shop who's gonna give things a once over after I get it broken down. I've got a laundry list of things I want this car to be, we'll see where it ends up. All this being said, I'm gonna need to lean on some of these past threads for ideas, support, encouragement etc... I'm not an "old car guy" by any means, but there's one thing i'm a firm believer in---you might as well try to figure it out on your own. What's the worst that could happen, I might learn something?

later...

Attached Files:

2. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome from Nor Cal. You have found THE site for a wealth of information.

3. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

4. 10bucks

10bucks

Welcome, cool old Ford!

5. That old shoe is a beaut! Welcome aboard neighbor.

-mikethegreek-

6. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok!