Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in flatty world

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Oct 1, 2008.

1. bluestang67

bluestang67

Have had some truamatic things happen the last 6 weeks and my out has always been to change cars for a mind fix . I had to sell a rare one to get this , and a deal has been worked on my replacement , the deposit has been sent so should have it in possession soon , road trip .

Its a 37 Ford Coupe with the original flatty that is said to run . I would like to learn what I should look for and anything I should check before I juice it and turn it over . I dont think its been sittng to long since its last run but some more info will be found out when i pick it up . I know i need to lube up cylinders before turning it over maybe a little Marvel there for safety .

I'm really stoked since i have always loved the mid 30's Ford car's specially the rears and the rumbles . This may even mean moving my 31 sedan on to some one else but its not set up Hamb friendly .

So here is a pic of the engine only mark i see on the head is the word Ford .I know it should be the 221 at 60 hp but not for sure yet .

Attached Files:

2. bluestang67

bluestang67

Well first time i searched didnt get alot on 37 so i placed in just flathead and a whole lot came up from you guys . So many performance builds with it also hhmm have to think about some more cheap pep. Also found out its 85 hp for 37 not 60 on the 221