Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in Buffalo, NY

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jalopy-Phil, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

I have been lurking here for a while. I just got around to reading the “READ THIS FIRST” thread so here goes.

I don’t remember when I found the HAMB, I do remember that whenever I did a search on Google for car questions I would usually end up here. The people and knowledge here is an invaluable resource, I’d be insane not to join.

I spend all day designing stuff other guys get to build. So when it comes to my cars I do all the work my self (if I can). I’m the type of guy that would rather spend three times the money on tools to build a part or make a repair than buy it. I have built a few Harleys and dirt bikes growing up, but have lost interest in bikes. I like the home built cars I see on here. I also like the ‘ratrod’ stuff but am not into the regulation pompadour and cuff’s thing; although I am down with the PBR. As for business deals, I prefer bartering over cash deals.
    I am currently building a 1928 model “A”. I picked up a really nice stock chassis and drive train. I had the intensions of cutting the thing up and throwing in a V8 and going full custom. Once I got it home I didn’t have the heart to butcher it so I am going the ‘hopped up 4 banger’ route. The car has a nice grill, hood, and cowl. I will probably fab the doors, cab, and bed for an RPU. Old tin is hard to find in these parts (We use so much rock salt it’s a crime).

If I can help, just let me know. I have access to many 3-D cad software packages and i have design everthing from cockpit Instrument panels for the F-16 to plastic bottles . If you need any design work done just drop me a line. Will work for beer.

2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Welcome aboard from another Buffalonian...

3. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

thanks Dooley. good to see some fellow WNY's on here.

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

welcome to the hamb,im from buff but long ago moved to cal

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Greetings from the sunny south. I just moved down from St. Catharines Ontario.

6. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Big welcome from an ex-East coaster.

7. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

welcome from another from buffalo. mike

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard, Phill. I'm just down the road in Rot-in-chester !!

9. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Welcome from another banger nut! :D

10. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

Thanks to everybody for the welcome.

11. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

I never thought of using a 4 banger in hotrod until I got one. When I got it home I had to re-wire it (thanks artiki for the schematic). My 14 year old son and 9 year old daughter helped. It was the best. Had them crimping and soldering and a nice burn mark on the kitchen table from the iron (the apples don’t fall too far from the tree.) the thing sounds cool. I took it for a spin around the block last week. You should have seen me just a cowl and grill, sitting on some 2x4’s. The neighbors love me!

12. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Sounds cool, what part of Buffalo are you from?

13. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

In the amherst area.

14. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Nice, I work just about on the corner of Maple and North Forest.

15. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

Cool. Be careful driving thrugh the town. Since moving here I've noticed the cops don't have alot to do.

16. Greetings from another cold weather guy. (although it's 57 out!!!)-MIKE:D

17. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

Thanks Mike. This is unbelievable; I'm walking around this morning outside in a t-shirt.

18. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Amherst has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

I'll have to make sure I let you know when our clubs swap meet is this spring.

19. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

Ya, let me know when. Do you know if they still have that swap meet out at the fair grounds in (I think) February?

20. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Yes, I will check on the dates.