Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy here from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sandman460, Jun 10, 2009.

1. sandman460

sandman460
    from Nebraska

HI all, new guy here from Nebraska, the southeast part of the state. I've been into cars and motorcycles my whole life, and love the traditional hot rods/rat rods/street rods (although not too over the top). I'm not real old, late 30's, so I haven't owned too many cars, but I've owned a couple Falcons and a 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan Deluxe. Finished the chassis on the '39, and sold it a couple years ago to buy the acreage we are on now, and I've been window shopping for another car ever since.

Lately I've been on a kick looking at Model A's, specifically sedans, but not too many of them are rodded and still retain the back seat. I need to be able to haul my two girls around, so 4 passenger seating is a must. I'll find one someday, until then I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I'll read all I can on the HAMB, and maybe I'll decide to build one instead! ;) Lot's of great information here, and I hope I can contribute!

2. Welcome to HAMBster land.
    There is a lot of great information here.

3. welcome from oregon!

4. KKustoms

KKustoms

Howdy from Kearney. Welcome to the board.

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Hey from South Omaha.If your looking for a sedan body with Nebraska paper give hawgrod a shout.He has a nice one.Welcome aboard.

6. Welcome from Lincoln. Come out to Culvers cruise nite on Friday nites, South 27th location. Lots of car people and some HAMBers there also.:D

7. stan292

stan292

Welcome sandman -

Are you anywhere near the Lincoln/Firth area?

I'm probably old enough to be your dad (64), but I won't hold your age against you. I have two projects in the works right now - both '60s nostalgia stuff.

Maybe we can get together for a beer or coffee sometime and talk hot rods.

Stan Weber
    791-5343

P.S. Let me know if you stumble on any nice Model A coupes/roadsters you can't use! (-:

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Welcome from under the airport..East omaha!:D

9. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Add a welcome from the other end of the state.

10. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome from the western part of Nebraska.

11. 343w

343w

I took a trip up to Gibon back in 1980 to get two bodies from Gibon Fiberglass, "there is a lot of tin in them fields". You should have no problem finding an old Model A for your future in those parts. Check with Dewight Bones in Gibon, or his son, they should beable to steer you in the right direction. Welcome to the HAMB.........