Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from west texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by smittystoys, Feb 1, 2009.

1. smittystoys

smittystoys

finaly decided to join ..i have been lurking around for acouple of years but my computer skills arent real great...i love all kinds of cars ...luckly i grew up with a dad that loves steetrods especialy 32 fords me and my little brother rode many a mile in the rumble seat of a 32 roadster going to rod runs and just cruising around....me and my brother and dad own a muffler shop in odessa...love doing exhaust work and old school pinstriping..i have lots of projects....a 46 sedan ..41willys gasser..55 fairlane..61 catalina..65chevywagon that has been a race car since 68.. 283 with 6.13 gears..68camaro..701/2rs prostreetcamaro..73 z/28 ..78 camaro..74 454 corvette convertable ..74350 4 speed corvette..77 corvette project..75 laguna ..65 galaxie ..82 ..mustang gt..87 montecarlo aero coupe..allways on the lookout for cool cars and old school hot rod parts ..my dad is 71 now and still loves hot rods as much as he ever has ..he has 4 32s a68ss 427 impala a40 pickup anda 66 riviera my little brother races a transam super gas car ..and finally thelast member of the family is my son he is 19 and loves cars he has a 67 chevelle..68 camaro ..71corvette..80z/28 ..94z/28..and a pro outlaw drag radial mustang ..nice to know that there are still some young guys that are interested in our great hobby..he can also lay out akiller set of flames hope to get to know some of you guys would like to go to some runs and do some striping to...and i cant forget the most important part my mom my wife and my two girls ....thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. Welcome from Denton! I sold my '73 Laguna last year, wish I would have kept it, good looking body.

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

smittystoys, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

4. Terry

Terry

Welcome to the HAMB my friend, took ya long enough!!!!

5. Welcome from Midland. . .I hope you don't hold it againt me for being from Midland. I would like to see some of your work sometime.

Bo

6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

welcome from DFW

7. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

A second DFW welcome! '32 rumble seat huh? Very Cool! I get out your way from time to time...
    Jay

8. smittystoys

smittystoys

my pictures are in my profile.........

9. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Hey! Welcome!

I was born in Odessa, myself. Cut my teeth at Penwell, LIVED at 9 mile, later at Faudree Rd. Stood between Scooter Hampton's Camaro and Dwayne West's mustang on more than one occaision out in the boonies. Was talking to a fella here about Lee Lightfoot and Monty Smith? (that right?) Had Performance Plus down on 2nd street years ago.
    Sorry, stuck in a flash back! Tell us a little more about your older stuff.

10. smittystoys

smittystoys

scotty this is montie... still have peformance plus still have way to many projects but cant change im just a certified car nut!!!!
    i like em all...

11. Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

Welcome, from Corsicana TX

12. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

HOLY CRAP! You are kidding! Man, I don't know if you'll ever be able to place me, but you were one of the legends that kids my age worshipped growing up. I remember the blown GTO and didn't you have a fat tire Malibu? WOW! It's a small world.
    I couldn't afford the car stuff so I earned my wings on bikes. Rodger Gertson, track announcer at Penwell for years, was my mentor early on. We always watched Steve Henderson and Mike Long do their thing. And I remember, was it Dennis, had two Novas, one blown and the fast one wasn't. I have the coolest memories from that place.

Montie, I am jazzed to hear you still have the shop. Come on in, the water's fine. You're gonna fit right in. Give me a shout anytime. PM or email is even better. I'll have to swing by when I get out that way.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  13. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Welcome from Houston.

14. Greetings from "up north" on the plains.

15. smittystoys

smittystoys

thanks for all the welcomes you guys!!!! you can click on my avatar picture and then on my album s to look at my pictures.....