Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from South Florida

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jake D 56, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Damn glad to be here. My name's Jake from down in Sunny South Florida. I just recently picked up my first hot rod, '56 F100 about 3 months ago and I haven't spent much time anywhere other than the garage ever since. I grew up on this stuff but for one reason or another, never had the means to have one of my own until now and I'm lovin it. My old man likes to tell me how when I was two, he loaded me and my mom (pregnant with my little sister) in his chopped unfinished 32 Chevy and drove us up to the Street rod Nationals in Ohio with sticks of 1x2 wedged in the doors to hold the windows up. So I guess I come by it honest. Anyways, just mostly getting started and here to learn and hopefully pick up a few tricks and make a few friends along the way.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. Nice intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Welcome from up the road in Jensen Beach.

Lee

4. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Thanks! Jensen's a pretty nice place to be. I'm managing a construction project on Jupiter Island so I'm up that way at least once a week. Saw a couple of really nice 30's sedans up there under a carport on Center Street last week but they were too covered up to really be able to identify exactly what they were on a drive-by.

5. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee and welcome

6. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to th H.A.M.B.

7. Welcome, Spring break should be on ya pretty quick.