Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from so cal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by inkfamous50, Jul 12, 2012.

1. inkfamous50

inkfamous50

Hey there, name is chris, 33, have owned nothing newer than a 68 ever! just got a 50 chevy business coupe, all my other rides have been runners this is the first one ive got with no engine or trans in it. I am here to take any advice on getting this on the road, learn everything i can. and meet some good people. ive been working in body shops for 17 years thats my area but love wrenching. any advise is welcomed and appreciated. thanks

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

Hey welcome! im in your area.. maybe i'll see you around.. let me know if you have any questions.. we have a bunch of 49-54 chevys in our club.. so we might have some answers for you.. good luck

3. easyissy

easyissy

Welcome from So-Cal!!!

4. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

Welcome aboard homie... yea man, like my boy (BadLuck) said above we have plenty 49-54 chevys in the club and their built very similar. Some have mustang II front ends and some are stock, some chopped some not. So hit up homie for anything bro, were in your neck of the woods.... Vince

5. inkfamous50

inkfamous50

Thanks alot. yeah i dont know alot of people up in the desert im from O.C. (garbage grove) lol im still paying back $ to get this ride but next month im gonna be looking for and engine and trans? if you guys have any ideas id appreciate it, i want a str8-6 235 and a power glide, or would a 250 inline and ??? trans be better. its gonna be our daily driver. im just kinda lost where to start it has no eng or trans or drive shaft in it? want dependable eng and trans. and am i going to have to get motor mounts or brakets from a 216 to put on new block? any advice would be awesome. just looking for a good used drive train to get it on the road then i can build one while im rolling? where do you guys hit shows up here? thanks. sorry so long lol im new

6. inkfamous50

inkfamous50

Hey bro thanks for the welcome. yeah i dont know many people up here, im from O.C. (garbage grove) lmao any advice or help would be awesome. ill be tied up $ wise on the purchase till end of aug, but september im gonna be looking for an inline 6 and auto trans for it. what would you recommend? its gonna be our daily driver. i want a 235 and powerglide but if i get get a later model?? 250 and ? trans idk what would be a good die hard drivetrain for this car in your opinion? since the car has no eng or trans in it, am i going to have to find a 216 bellhousing and engine bracket/mounts.? the guy had a 350 for it but a sb was never installed. i want to rebuild the front end and brakes get it running then i can start building the eng and trans i want all pretty lol while im doing the body customizing and bags ect? any advice is wanted and appreciated in the best way to approach this the least costly way and easiest way to get me on the road. sorry its so much at once? im learning lol thanks alot.

7. inkfamous50

inkfamous50

Thanks alot. i think ive seen some of your guys rides around town. yeah any advise or direction is appreciated so much as i need this on the road asap and am trying to get a game plan ready when i can start on it begging of september. trying to locate a engine and trans before if i can. any advise on what to run for a die hard daily driver car. has to be a str8 6cyl though lol thanks and ill try to learn this quick.

8. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

9. welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga Chris

10. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Welcome, if your into using the 235 6 cyl, I advise a pertronix ignitor 1168 to replace the points, made both of my 235's run like a top.. I like them for daily driver use