Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from SC

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by tetanusshot, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Hello folks. My name is Scott and I live along the coast of SC. I currently have three projects on the burner- all started before the economic meltdown- one I am doing everything on, another is being worked on by a local guy I traded an old Mustang with, and the last one by a resto shop in NC. They are a 52 Chevy panel, 65 Comet Cyclone, and a 59 GMC fleet option truck. I am self employed in the printing business so I am reigning in the madness and plan on backing off the 59 as soon as the resto shop gets to a good stopping point. As soon as, or if, things level out, I plan on finishing it myself. The place is doing great work but if you have to choose between paying a mortgage and ... you know the deal!

I've been a car guy all my life and have always been into muscle cars until the Barret Jackson phenomenom ruined it for the average guy. I've since turned my attention to 50's cars and trucks. I dig it! I'm a fairly decent body and paint guy and a can do some light duty mechanical stuff. I'm here to learn and share anything of use I have floating in my head. I'll post a pic or two of my projects if I can get it to work. Thanks for checking this post out! I look forward escaping to here from time to time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Shane T.

Shane T.

Welcome aboard from the Upstate of SC. Love the panel. You coming to Myrtle Beach in two weekd?
    Shane T.

3. Yes! I'll be there with my dad in the old panel. A good friend of mine is selling his 69 Z/28 clone and I am going to watch over it while he has to work. Thanks.

4. Shane T.

Shane T.

Stop by our trailer (Southern Rods) and say hello. Hopefully I'll be there Saturday.

5. Will do. I'll be hunting parts while there too.

6. bblue34

bblue34

welcome from georgia from another average car guy

7. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Scott, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

8. Welcome from northwest GA! I like all 3 but the '52 Chevy panel is my favorite. Used to have a '65 Comet back in the early '70s--not a Cyclone, though, just a plain Jane 4 door 6 cylinder automatic.

9. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. I'll be at the beach, look for a bright red semi with a enclosed 4 car hauler, thats were I'll be.

10. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looks like some nice cars and trucks that you have. I'll post progress pics on the projects as I go along. BTW- The Comet is my mom's car. I am taking it back to here when it's done, fender skirts and all.

11. Another welcome from the upstate,,,HRP

12. Welcome from the mountains. I am currently looking for a late 50s GMC to work. Good luck with your projects.