Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Santa Cruz

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by conormulroney, Mar 31, 2006.

1. conormulroney

conormulroney

Hello All,
    My name is Conor and I am from Santa Cruz, CA. After hanginig out at the H.A.M.B. thrash last weekend http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96695&page=10&highlight=johndangerand and being labeled a long time lurker, I thought it was finally time to join up. I am 44 years old and have been around vintage cars since I was born. I grew up on the East Coast and went to the track and cars shows with my Dad and his Morgans. In High School, I drove cars cars like a 35 Morgan 3 wheeler, A Lotus Super 7, A triumph TR4A. I even took my driving test in a right hand drive '65 Morris Mini ( that is soon to be mine again)
    But, when it came time to buy my first car, I turned to the American Beauties. The first car I bought was a 61 OLds Dynamic 88. Next came a '59 Ford F100 that started my love of trucks. Now I currently drive a '54 F100 as my daily. It runs a 223 6 cyl with duel smitthy's and a flame thrower kit.
    So, Now I am going to hang back and continue to enjoy the H.A.M.B.
    See you,
    Conor

2. Nimrod

Nimrod

I had never read the thread about the kid and his pontiac...did you guys get it back on the road? And I'm curious...reading the post it sounded like it might be a guy I met up here, a neighbor brought him buy and he had just bought a four door pontiac that had been sitting in a field (in Ben Lomond I think).

Anyway I'm up here in Boulder Creek. Welcome.

3. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I missed the Santa Cruz thrash post too-- And johndanger is my buddy!

Welcome aboard Conor!

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

welcome to the hamb