Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Pac-NW

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Cut55, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Hi gang. Grew up in the '60s and '70s in the Bay Area of California (when everything had black plates). Started reading Rod&Custom in 1971 when I was 9 and saw it on the mag-rack at the supermarket. (Still have that issue with Jim Jacobs' Niekamp car on the cover). Built Monogram rod kits because I loved the whitewall slicks on such classics as the "Blue Beetle." Recently bought a CA black-plate '55 Delray '70s street machine (327, solids, M-21, '67 Camaro buckets) and it is undergoing a "slight" makeover into a early '60s SoCal street/gasser. Think: 30-inch blackwall Hurst slicks, Silvertown skinnies, original Torq-Thrusts from the '60s, no front bumper. (Hurst slicks are just like the old Monogram model slicks!) Also have a '67 396 Camaro, CA black plates, stock.

Hope to learn a lot here!

-Bill

2. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Here's some pics of Bill's '55.........

Attached Files:

3. old beet

old beet

Welcome to the NW, good lookin Chev!!........OLDBEET

4. GARY?

GARY?

Welcome.
    P.S. Some of us can't read very well, so to help out keep posting pics!!!:D:D

5. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Thanks for posting the pics Brad!

It was 55xgasr's orange '55 that blew my mind when I first saw it at a Goodguy's show back in about 2003. I just about lost it when I laid eyes on that car and I wanted a '55 ever since. He and I will perform the "cut" soon and put the slicks and Torq Thrusts on it and I'll post some pics then. Oh, and the front bumper will come OFF.

6. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Welcome
    You will fit in just fine around here,
    Lots of good taste
    Some of the best people you will find.
    TIRES LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cody

7. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Thanks Cody, I'll send you pics of the car as soon as we get the cut done and your killer slicks on the car!