Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Ohio

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jim I., Mar 1, 2011.

1. Jim I.

Jim I.

Hi everyone. I've lurked here long enough. I actually joined in 08 but my computer service was so slow it usually took five to eight minutes just to download the homepage. Well I finally have high speed and Its a whole new world.
    How did I get into cars? Well, my parents ran an Ashland service station and garage in the little village of Waterloo, Ohio from 1965 to 1985 where me and my four brothers all worked growing up. Even though we were 25 miles to a town of any size and considered to be out in the "sticks" there were some really nice cars that went through that garage.
    One of my earliest memories that has stuck with me is a local guys car in that garage around 1969. It was a 1966 Bel Air he bought new. It was Black with a red interior, factory 427 with a four speed and cragars. I was six years old and that was the coolest car in the world. He raced it at Riverside Dragstrip in Proctorville Ohio.
    Anyway, I found out about the Jalopy Journal while I was in the town of Gallipolis one Saturday a few years ago. Me and my brother noticed a lot of nice cars were in town so we asked a guy at a gas station where the car show was. He said the Kanauga Drive In and did we know where it was. I said yes I did just follow us. It was the first "Hot Rod Cinematic" and I've been hooked ever since. Jim

2. S.F.

S.F.

welcome to the HAMB, I was there too

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Welcome aboard from central Iowa!

4. Jim,
    Nice intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

5. Cochise Chops

Cochise Chops

6. RNess

RNess